SRT Hellcat Forum banner

carbon fiber console from factory

7K views 32 replies 8 participants last post by  702cat 
#1 ·
looking at options for carbon fiber trim.. should have just ordered car with it but looking to change it. Called steve white motors and both individuals told me i would have to take out the entire dash to install. So i looked on youtube and found a video from a hellcat charger and he just unclips it. Looks identical to the challenger(clip orentation, screen size(8.4) etc.) has anybody bought the factory oem pieces and taken out the "dark turn console"? dealer told me it would cot a full day labor to change. However watch this youtube video: everything just unclips and you clip in the factory OEM piece in place.. any thoughts? advice? I do not want to buy stick on carbon fiber on a 70k car...

Attachments

See less See more
1 2
#5 ·
I'd probably leave what you have and live with it, the dark engine turn doesn't look bad at all. The stick on carbon fiber no way, that would look cheap as hell, don't do it!

I'd be afraid of breaking clips and things disassembling the dash myself.....

#9 ·
I looked at the video, it doesnt seem bad. Just try to protect the dash and use the plastic trim tools.

Also, your going to be replacing them with whole new pieces so it doesn't matter if you snap or scratch up the engine turn trim. Just need to make sure the mounting side stays intact.

I'd do this, I'd just follow that video exactly so you know where to pry and take it easy and slow...

I would NEVER let a dealer do this, those guys are animals...... I've always done better job then them because you and I would take our time and care, they just want to get it in and out.

#10 ·
I looked at the video, it doesnt seem bad. Just try to protect the dash and use the plastic trim tools.

Also, your going to be replacing them with whole new pieces so it doesn't matter if you snap the trim. Just need to make sure the mounting side stays intact.

I'd do this, I'd just follow that video exactly so you know where to pry and take it easy and slow...

I would NEVER let a dealer do this, those guys are animals......
Yeah man I agree… looks like it would be pretty simple just have to be careful.. the entire console piece is around 850-900… no way I’d pay 600 for stock on from other sites.. I’m heavily considering it.. add the piece around the shifter and it’s another 750 so 1600 same as from dealer I just lose the suede headliner.. kicking myself I didn’t do it from factory

#11 ·
I have the CF dash in my 22' and it does look great. I have removed both the console and dash piece and it's very easy with simple plastic panel tools that can be bought on Amazon. The red clips are very tight so lots of patience and only pulling where the clips insert. If you can find the parts, the install is maybe an hour for someone who hasn't pulled thousands of dash panels.

#14 · (Edited)
Nevermind... Figure it out for yourself.

Reactions: fnd09 and Taxinator
#15 ·
He's talking about the factory stuff.

Factory is best but is stupid $$$. Here are your options:
  • Factory; Plan on $2500+ for the parts unless you can find them in a junk yard type place.
  • Have your stock dash pieces covered in carbon fiber. This sounds cheap but it will look 100% like the factory stuff if you go with a good vendor. You send them your parts and they put a very thin layer of real carbon over it. It's bonded to the part and is permanent. I had this quoted for my car and it was going to be right at about $1K including install. Here is the local company I was looking at for this. They do amazing work - Login • Instagram
  • Hydrodipping; This is where the carbon is basically painted on. You can have your stock parts done or their are some aftermarket kits available. Get the molded versions as they look much better. Cost here is about $200
  • Stick on; These are the ebay kits you see.

I went the hydro route and bought the Voodonala kit on Amazon. $180 for the center piece and radio piece together. I do plan on going with the real stuff down the road but put this on until I could find a reasonably priced stock piece (waiting for a parted out car for instance). While, not near as nice as the real stuff, I've actually been pretty happy with how it's come out. I personally hated look of the stock dash so went this route. It's easy to remove when I decide to remove it as well.

I can get OEM pieces for 1500 total not 2500

#19 ·
Then can you share the part number for the center console for everyone and maybe where you're getting those quotes. These are the part numbers my dealer gave me and it corresponds to the part numbers others have been given. Even searching the 7BP78AAAAA you gave I can't find anyone even close to $785 for it.

#20 ·
dude type it in google and search different companies Steve white motors sells it for 1,000 with discount code its 950, mopargiants 850, etc etc... AS far as the second piece you have a different part number than maybe what I am referring to. The piece that goes around the shifter console and entire lower trim near cupholders looks like this. The part number you gave is an entirely DIFFERENT piece.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.