SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the stripes on my hood is this something I should attempt on my own. Previous owner damage them while taken him through a auto car wash.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody Indigo Blue with Graphics Package
1,285 Posts
Nope, trust me get a pro to do it.. Had mine replaced twice, once for defect and once from accident. It's no easy task and should be installed dry.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
224 Posts
What kind of damage occurred? Lifting edges or...? Just wondering as I have stripes also and always try to be mindful.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car wash damage and they "trimmed" the edges that lifted. I have new oem hood stripe kit

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,104 Posts
Take them off. You will like it better naked and the car is easier to clean.

If you MUST have them done, have a pro do them as they're tapered toward the roof about an .500" wider than where it starts on the hood and will be hard to get everything to align once you start to lay them down.

After

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,104 Posts
What kind of damage occurred? Lifting edges or...? Just wondering as I have stripes also and always try to be mindful.
Never wax them, ceramic or mothers back to black keeps them fresh but ceramic will lock in whatever fade they have at that moment. I used to use the mothers stuff on mine after a wash and they would stay nice and fresh but over time I got tired of the amount of time it took, and I am in MD, so sunny then rainy then sunny weather would constantly dry them out and they would look AWFUL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts