SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We found a Mango a8 that we really like.....except wife wants carbon stripes. Can they be ordered from Dodge, any possible part numbers would help as I can't find it, and put on by body shop or are they painted on?..

Thanks again......Scott

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,449 Posts
I'd check with Custom Shops near you they will be cheaper then factory and offer more options like CF with orange hints. Not painted like wrap/Xpel material.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,008 Posts
Cheaper to go with an aftermarket shop. If you want the factory look, make sure the carbon stripe pattern goes into a v shape towards the center.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,836 Posts
What year?

Factory stripes are never painted on, always vinyl.

The factory stripes are multiple part numbers for each piece.

If you go aftermarket make sure they know what they are doing, I've seen many aftermarket installations where they have the measurements and taper wrong or have the grain in the carbon fiber not pointing inward as mentioned above and they really look like crap.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
145 Posts
You can get the OEM stripes from dodgeparts.com at the tune of about $1300 after shipping. I do vinyl wrapping and found that Vvivid XPO Black Carbon Fiber matches the OEM carbon fiber perfectly. FWIW, I usually charge $450 for carbon stripes. Definitely check around your local wrap shops.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,469 Posts
The stripes can be ordered from a dealership. Pretty pricey though.

I absolutely hate my CF stripes, they’re a nightmare to detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are harder to clean for sure, but they look so much better than the standard matte black stripes. I'll tell you what I found to really work well. CQuartz DLUX. It works extremely well on the stripes. It will keep them looking new and because its a ceramic coating, it won't let dirt and grime get stuck to them. It will last almost a year even as a daily driver. Just be careful when you apply it to do it very evenly and tape off the painted area of the car immediately around the stripes to minimize getting any on the paint. That stuff will make your stripes look amazing and protect them too. You won't stress about detailing them anymore, just wash and dry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts