SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had these installed today. Took about 2.5 hours. Mind you, the blizzaks are almost 29" tall, so the gap will be a little more with my street tire setup and even more with a drag setup in the rear. These are a "close" spring rate to the Dodge Demon springs designed to be an improvement over what the cars come with. The charger has a softer spring rate than the challenger, so my improvements might not be as dramatic. They are supposed to help the 60' and improve weight transfer. Time will tell when the weather gets better and I can get a good whack out of the hole. It seems the actual OEM Demon springs make the car sit significantly higher in the rear. I'm ok with how this version turned out. I'll post more pictures when I get the car on its "normal" tires.

These were $299

Labor was $350

SHElW8BZRtGB%oDFz4DDpw.jpg
Ce6Ze8gIQMKNGtVLJEXYyw.jpg
jEOHJBW%TxKiBQFysoEkWA.jpg
7xX1uWetSnyFaZtmAo5Epw.jpg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
2,184 Posts
I ordered the same thing for my scat pack challenger they come in today. I’m also excited to see if they can improve my 60’s any also. Hopefully I will have some results this weekend. Also where did you get them installed for 350? 2 dealership told me 450 & 525 plus the 60 bucks for alignment

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good. I have the OEM Demon springs but haven't installed them yet. I hear they make the car sit taller at first, but that they settle over time. Extra weight from the Hellcat might speed that along.
The OEM demon springs do sit different compared to these. The rear end will sit much higher with OEM Demon springs from what I've seen in photos.

My measurements didn't change in the rear, but the front is about 1" taller.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,215 Posts
Couple things...
You wash your car in the winter? .... lol

Also, wouldn't the shock be a better piece to upgrade than the spring if you're trying to improve 60'? Ideally, wouldn't you want the shock/strut/spring from the Demon as a combination?
I don't know, that is a question... just thought the shock played a larger role in 60' than the springs.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes.....I'm pretty sure I have the cleanest DD around :)

Yea, if I could get the shocks and the capability to control them like the demon for sure. This is just a small piece in the puzzle. One member on here has them on his car and yanked the front wheel on his charger, so they are helping with weight transfer in some capacity.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
390 Posts
Props to my hellcat brotha that dailies in the winter on snow tires!! Much respect!!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
204 Posts
Hmm been thinking about switching from my lowered KW HAS springs to these. These are the first pictures I've seen for the ride height. I bought the car lowered, I know it looks good but I cringe every time I scrape my exhaust or front lip.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,173 Posts
The OEM demon springs do sit different compared to these. The rear end will sit much higher with OEM Demon springs from what I've seen in photos.

My measurements didn't change in the rear, but the front is about 1" taller.
I wonder if you could cut the front spring slightly and lose the inch and still get the desired results? I'd like to switch to the demon springs but like the OEM stance on the Redeye.

Edit: I sent them a message on IG asking this question. I'll report back if they respond.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, curious to see what they say.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
950 Posts
I just bought a set of them myself for my Redeye. Not a big fan of of raising the ride height, but I hear it's not as bad as the OEM Demon springs. Seems like a pretty cheap way to get better and more consistent 60fts. Unfortunately I won't be able to test mine anytime soon, winter doesn't seem to want to go away!

Winter is a great time to collect new parts lol.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll say. I'm thinking the back sits just a bit lower. Not much, and the front sits just a bit higher, maybe .5"

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
2,184 Posts
I put mine on yesterday and the back is ok but dang the front is high on my car. Probably 1.5 inches higher :eek: I’m hoping they will settle some and come down. The ride is smoother tho she rides even better now than with stock springs but my scat pack don’t have the adjustable suspension that the Hellcat’s have.

·
Vendor
Charger SRT Hellcat
41 Posts
Yeah I don’t want my car sitting like a 4x4, already cutting 1.4 60ft on non headlock wheels, don’t know if would get any better with just a spring upgrade

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It rides lower...

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
346277E3-D75B-40BC-B4A6-E690F11FB846.jpeg