SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 107 Posts

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,642 Posts
I ordered the same thing for my scat pack challenger they come in today. I’m also excited to see if they can improve my 60’s any also. Hopefully I will have some results this weekend. Also where did you get them installed for 350? 2 dealership told me 450 & 525 plus the 60 bucks for alignment
OUCH.
It may take a little longer to settle on your car due to the lack of weight that we have on the front of the cat,
interesting the difference from a Charger cat and your Challenger. I guess my HC Challenger would be somewhere in between the op at .5 and your 1.5 inch.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
2,184 Posts
87B21C01-BFEF-4396-B990-546BB8D156A9.jpeg
Here is a pic from the track today. Yeah it’s pretty high BUT the ride is smoother and the weight transfer is freaking nuts !!! Now did it help my 60 ft ? Na I don’t think so but I was actually racing and not testing so I can’t say for 100% sure BUT my car has been acting weird and still have O2 lights on and even with them on I had some 1.56 60ft where it’s been 1.60 but the cars been 1.54’s. So I can’t say definitely helped but sure didn’t hurt. More testing to come

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,470 Posts
View attachment 504661 Here is a pic from the track today. Yeah it’s pretty high BUT the ride is smoother and the weight transfer is freaking nuts !!! Now did it help my 60 ft ? Na I don’t think so but I was actually racing and not testing so I can’t say for 100% sure BUT my car has been acting weird and still have O2 lights on and even with them on I had some 1.56 60ft where it’s been 1.60 but the cars been 1.54’s. So I can’t say definitely helped but sure didn’t hurt. More testing to come
If you like the springs performance, and it appears they raised your car some since they were actually designed for the extra weight of the Hellcat engine, I'd say cut a half coil off the front springs and see if it brings it down to where it looks normal, if not, cut another half coil later. It shouldn't take more than that to get the front back down to normal height.

Reactions: Chazman

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
2,184 Posts
If you like the springs performance, and it appears they raised your car some since they were actually designed for the extra weight of the Hellcat engine, I'd say cut a half coil off the front springs and see if it brings it down to where it looks normal, if not, cut another half coil later. It shouldn't take more than that to get the front back down to normal height.
Yeah I though about that. I’m gonna ask the guys at Carlyle racing what they think about doing it. I bet with a Hellcat’s extra weight up front they would be fine.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,013 Posts
View attachment 504661 Here is a pic from the track today. Yeah it’s pretty high BUT the ride is smoother and the weight transfer is freaking nuts !!! Now did it help my 60 ft ? Na I don’t think so but I was actually racing and not testing so I can’t say for 100% sure BUT my car has been acting weird and still have O2 lights on and even with them on I had some 1.56 60ft where it’s been 1.60 but the cars been 1.54’s. So I can’t say definitely helped but sure didn’t hurt. More testing to come
Have you seen another HELLCAT challenger, how it looks after spring install? Can't compare with charger since charger HELLCAT got softer springs from factory so it might sit lil differently.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
2,184 Posts
Have you seen another HELLCAT challenger, how it looks after spring install? Can't compare with charger since charger HELLCAT got softer springs from factory so it might sit lil differently.
No I haven’t only my challenger. I just measured and my front is 29.5 inches with 17’s on the front. I believe I gained about 1.5 inches but a Hellcat’s probably has what 125 lbs more of weight in the front

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,013 Posts
No I haven’t only my challenger. I just measured and my front is 29.5 inches with 17’s on the front. I believe I gained about 1.5 inches but a Hellcat’s probably has what 125 lbs more of weight in the front
I got demon OEM springs and 17" on front.. I'll measure the size for you tomorrow.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,013 Posts
Demon spring sits at 28-1/4 on front (hellcat challenger). I already have 800+ mileage on those springs

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,521 Posts
Reactions: FFBOS

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
310 Posts
I will save you guys $650 . This is with sway bar removed.
IMG_1454.PNG

Reactions: Mean Cat

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
paILVQsYSLySiiRFSMwdWQ.jpg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,470 Posts
Reactions: Paladin06

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,470 Posts
I have removed front sway bars on some of my previous Camaro's in the past for drag racing and as stated, once you get use to the slightly looser feeling in the front, surprisingly the car drives pretty good. I wouldn't want to do any spirited driving around turns without a sway bar for daily driving but drag racing is fine.

Reactions: Mopar forever

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
786 Posts
Yeah I removed the right side connecting link to the sway bar, but honestly can’t tell the difference at the strip.

21 - 40 of 107 Posts