SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
2,184 Posts
Now guys remember I’m a scat pack so keep that in mind but I believe I’m gonna take my springs off and put back on my stock springs. I’m gonna give them a couple more T&T but my preliminary results for ME are they have hurt my 60ft. With the da of yesterday I should have at least matched my normal 60ft of 1.54-1.55 but now I’m 1.58’s and this is even with the sway bar removed (25 less lbs). More testing I will do :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
101 Posts
Now guys remember I’m a scat pack so keep that in mind but I believe I’m gonna take my springs off and put back on my stock springs. I’m gonna give them a couple more T&T but my preliminary results for ME are they have hurt my 60ft. With the da of yesterday I should have at least matched my normal 60ft of 1.54-1.55 but now I’m 1.58’s and this is even with the sway bar removed (25 less lbs). More testing I will do :)
I'm in a scat as well. Trying to find a good spring for the 315/50/17

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
2,184 Posts
Also with my front 20’s on the bottom of the front wheel well sits at 31 inches and the bottom of the front splitter is 8 inches. Looks like a Gasero_O

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
950 Posts
Also with my front 20’s on the bottom of the front wheel well sits at 31 inches and the bottom of the front splitter is 8 inches. Looks like a Gasero_O
I called up Carlyle Racing and spoke with someone there. They told me the the demon killer springs were made for the Hellcat/Redeye platform. The guy also said it should only raise the front end of my car about 1/2 inch at the most and it will settle down from there after 500 miles or so. I plan on measuring stock height/gap and then racing my stock Redeye on drag radials. Then putting the demon killer springs on, measuring gap/height again to compare. I will also hit the track and see how they effected my 60ft. Unfortunately it will be awhile before I will post results (snow is still melting here, lol).

Overall I wouldn't put them on a scat pack, unless that scat pack has a blower on it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
2,184 Posts
I called up Carlyle Racing and spoke with someone there. They told me the the demon killer springs were made for the Hellcat/Redeye platform. The guy also said it should only raise the front end of my car about 1/2 inch at the most and it will settle down from there after 500 miles or so. I plan on measuring stock height/gap and then racing my stock Redeye on drag radials. Then putting the demon killer springs on, measuring gap/height again to compare. I will also hit the track and see how they effected my 60ft. Unfortunately it will be awhile before I will post results (snow is still melting here, lol).

Overall I wouldn't put them on a scat pack, unless that scat pack has a blower on it.
Yes sir I agree i also spoke with someone from there but I’m sure no one is gonna say “no don’t buy our product “ LoL I told him what they were going on and I had tons of data on my car so I would have results Good or Bad I’m not mad really I took a chance on trying them out didn’t seem to help so it’s ok.
Something with higher HP I’m sure they are amazing and they actually make my car ride A LOT BETTER !! But I want faster it can ride like a wagon as long as it’s faster. :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
950 Posts
Yes sir I agree i also spoke with someone from there but I’m sure no one is gonna say “no don’t buy our product “ LoL I told him what they were going on and I had tons of data on my car so I would have results Good or Bad I’m not mad really I took a chance on trying them out didn’t seem to help so it’s ok.
Something with higher HP I’m sure they are amazing and they actually make my car ride A LOT BETTER !! But I want faster it can ride like a wagon as long as it’s faster. :)
I agree and I figure for $300 it's worth testing on my RE. There is a charger HC in my area that just put these springs on as well. So I hope to gather some info off of that HC before I install them on my RE. Imo while I agree some vendors might say how great their product is and it may not be at all, but if I find that out I will never buy from that vendor (manufacturer) again for the simple fact that while I don't mind testing products, I don't want to be mislead either.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
145 Posts
Would using the R/T springs be of any upgrade in regards to ride quality (softness) vs the Carlyle?

I have a scatpack as well and mainly looking for a softer ride since I dont have ADS with my Dynamics package.

Would you use R/T springs or Carlyle?

Also, the factory ADS bilsteins adjust bound and rebound, now if the ADS module in the trunk isnt installed, what valving preset do the ADS bilsteins default too, STREET setting for comfort?

For example, you take new hellcat charger ADS bilsteins and install them onto a scatpack 392 charger without ADS , will the hellcat ADS bilsteins (without the wiring or modules hooked up) ride as if they were in "street" mode or be the exact same as stock scatpack non adjustable bilsteins.

Basically, if the hellcat ADS module fails it would default to which setting, street, sport, or track?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
116 Posts
Anyone get some testing done on these? On the fence about getting them if they don't help. I'm having trouble cutting consistent 60 foots and my best is a 1.67 with 17" mt street r tires.

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,642 Posts
Anyone get some testing done on these? On the fence about getting them if they don't help. I'm having trouble cutting consistent 60 foots and my best is a 1.67 with 17" mt street r tires.
Is it your track? If traction is an issue at your track they may help. But at my track traction is not an issue usually so I doubt they would help me.
Sorry not much help here eh!!
I'll just go back to my corner now:(

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,695 Posts
You should be able to launch better than that and pull a nicer 60’ without the need of springs.

All I got is mopar lowering springs for my car. And pretty much stock suspension. The mopar springs don’t do anything for drag racing. Just a slight drop for looks.

It took me a long time practicing to start getting my 60’ down. There is a technique to it.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,695 Posts
Here is me launching 5 months ago and couldn’t only manage a 1.61 or worse. Notice how my car dips a little on the launch. It’s all throttle control while releasing the brake pedal at the same time. It took allot of practice.

Now look at me the other day and notice the difference, no dip, just pulls the car back and stays back. Pulling low 1.40s now and working towards 1.3x

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,642 Posts
You should be able to launch better than that and pull a nicer 60’ without the need of springs.

All I got is mopar lowering springs for my car. And pretty much stock suspension. The mopar springs don’t do anything for drag racing. Just a slight drop for looks.

It took me a long time practicing to start getting my 60’ down. There is a technique to it.
Ya sounds like practice is in order. I can do a 1.67 on stock tires at my track. I just checked my slips and a 1.60 was with tire spin a couple of outings ago.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
116 Posts
Yeah I think it's my throttle control as well because I set my seat a bit back so when I launch I think the car throws me into my seat and I release the throttle a bit. Still need practice but I definitely won't see times like yours. My car trapped 138. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
116 Posts
Update! So I'm working on my launch and I now got my 60 foot to 1.58 and ran a 10.16 at 137 so I will keep practicing. Better IATs with the interchiller and a 1.4x 60 foot and I'll reach my goal with this car.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
116 Posts
Thank you! This is a bit off topic so I apologize in advance but, do you have a cage or roll bar in your car? My track said I can only go as fast as 9.99.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,469 Posts
Thank you! This is a bit off topic so I apologize in advance but, do you have a cage or roll bar in your car? My track said I can only go as fast as 9.99.
You are already over the NHRA speed limit of 135mph where they can disqualify you from running if you repeat after a warning. It really depends on the track and even an individual at the track as to what they do. Doing everything that is required to be allowed to run under 10.0 at a track that dutifully enforces that is a major endeavor. Plan on $7000 to $10,000 to do everything necessary.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
5,006 Posts
Any updates on these springs?

41 - 60 of 107 Posts