SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I called to get a quote for an oil change on my 2016 Challenger Hellcat and the dealer said they had to replace both cats first... I just bought the car with 4k miles from another dodge dealership 2 months ago. Why wouldn’t this had already been done and furthermore why can’t I find anything on this online? Anyone have this recall? Wonder if its an EPA thing...

·
Registered
2017 Challenger HC 6M
150 Posts

I just bought my 2017 Hellcat in March and the dealer did the recall in February while it was put up for sale. I’m sure recall work is free money to the dealer.

Was under the car the other week and the cats are definitely brand new. They even left me a present of a loose, hand loose, O2 sensor on the drivers side cat. Surprised it didn’t trip a CEL.

Reactions: Wstacy3

·
Registered
2,632 Posts

I just bought my 2017 Hellcat in March and the dealer did the recall in February while it was put up for sale. I’m sure recall work is free money to the dealer.

Was under the car the other week and the cats are definitely brand new. They even left me a present of a loose, hand loose, O2 sensor on the drivers side cat. Surprised it didn’t trip a CEL.
Did they replace your O2 sensors with new ones as well with the new cats?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
So I called to get a quote for an oil change on my 2016 Challenger Hellcat and the dealer said they had to replace both cats first... I just bought the car with 4k miles from another dodge dealership 2 months ago. Why wouldn’t this had already been done and furthermore why can’t I find anything on this online? Anyone have this recall? Wonder if its an EPA thing...
I have a 2016, got the cat recall notice last fall, never got the work done yet though.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
183 Posts
I also have a 2016. Got the recall and had it done early last year. There were some who complained about a backfire noise when shutting down after the recall was done, which resulted in a software update. My Cat, never experienced it though. By the way, depending upon you state, this recall may be mandatory in order to register the vehicle.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody Octane Red
1,421 Posts
If you get it done, check the exhaust tip alignment before you leave the dealer. Seems like there may have been a bad batch of pipes produced that caused a misalignment of one of the tips.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger HC 6M
150 Posts
Did they replace your O2 sensors with new ones as well with the new cats?
I’d say most likely. They did it before I ever saw the car, but the O2’s looked new to me.

At 22k, I’d say they looked like they were replaced but not tightened

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
825 Posts
Got mine done, nothing changed. No issues so far and I've put 5k miles on since.

I heard of horror stories but I had a buddy at the dealership so he didnt flash the pcm. Don't let them flash it I heard they had to do a patch because it was causing the throttle body to make a really odd noise but closing rapidly

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
429 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
same here, not sure if I will either.
Me neither, but if they replaced all 4 O2 sensors with new ones and just gave me all the parts to carry out, ie not touch my car, I’d be tempted to visit the dealer, beyond that I doubt I’ll get it done either.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
700 Posts
I got my 2015, with 38K, a month and a half ago. When I looked under the car, I saw the new tag strip on each headpipe, meaning new cats. I noticed the paper smell right away driving home. I'm happy about that. New cats means more flow, means regaining lost power?

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
276 Posts
same here, not sure if I will either.
Me neither, but if they replaced all 4 O2 sensors with new ones and just gave me all the parts to carry out, ie not touch my car, I’d be tempted to visit the dealer, beyond that I doubt I’ll get it done either.
Greetings 16GoManGoHC, thedynoguy, Wstacy3, and BarnCat707HP,
This Recall (V86) was issued because we value your safety and recommend having the repair as soon as possible. The repair includes updating the PCM, replace oxygen sensors and catalytic converter. Hope this help clarify.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
This Recall (V86) was issued because we value your safety and recommend having the repair as soon as possible. The repair includes updating the PCM, replace oxygen sensors and catalytic converter. Hope this help clarify.

Rob
Dodge Cares
Does it matter what state the recall is done in?
I am in NY and moving to Florida the end of the month and I have not had the recall done yet, will Florida dealership give me a hard time with an out of state car?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
429 Posts

Rob
Dodge Cares
Can you please explain how this is a safety issue and not an emissions/performance issue? Thanks in advance for your reply thedynoguy

Reactions: BarnCat707HP

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
276 Posts
Does it matter what state the recall is done in?
I am in NY and moving to Florida the end of the month and I have not had the recall done yet, will Florida dealership give me a hard time with an out of state car?
Greetings BarnCat707HP,
You can get this recall performed at any certified Dodge dealer. We recommend always making an appointment before your visit.
Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
429 Posts
Greetings BarnCat707HP,
You can get this recall performed at any certified Dodge dealer. We recommend always making an appointment before your visit.
Rob
Dodge Cares
Rob must have not seen my question. Or thought maybe I wouldn't like the answer...

Reactions: SRTCVO

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
276 Posts
Rob must have not seen my question. Or thought maybe I wouldn't like the answer...
Greetings thedynoguy,
Your question was not ignored. You are correct this is an emissions recall and not a safety recall. Sorry for any confusion and thank you for bring this to our attention.
Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
429 Posts
Greetings thedynoguy,
Your question was not ignored. You are correct this is an emissions recall and not a safety recall. Sorry for any confusion and thank you for bring this to our attention.
Rob
Dodge Cares
Thanks for the reply, Rob. Much appreciated. TDG

1 - 20 of 36 Posts