SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2017 Challenger Cat replacement and reprograming has not been done yet. I have an appointment next week for it.

But I have been reading that some people have had bad results from the reprograming.

Anyone know if I can just go with just the new cats and no re programing ?

UPDATE ON PAGE 2

·
Registered
2021 Redeye
181 Posts
2017 Challenger Cat replacement and reprograming has not been done yet. I have an appointment next week for it.

But I have been reading that some people have had bad results from the reprograming.

Anyone know if I can just go with just the new cats and no re programing ?
They're not gonna give you cats and not reprogram. I think most of the issues were early on, which was 2 years ago already. You should be good by now.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
759 Posts
If you are referring to the v86 recall, the dealer will replace part for part the cats and all 4 oxygen sensors

In my case they did NOT flash the computer.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,292 Posts
I had my cats and O2 sensors replaced as well. I told them do nothing that affects my custom tune. Everything went well. They did have one item that would access the tune and he just marked it as done so they would leave it alone. Do not remember what it was. Car is fine.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,689 Posts
I had mine done on my modded Hellcat. They dealer had to retune it after the recall. I then took it to my tuner and had him look over the factory tune and retune the car. I lost no power.

R.K.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
66 Posts
We did the wife's 2016 last year and currently waiting on the dealer to get parts in to do our 600 mile 2015. No drivability issues that I could discern on the 2016. Read a horror story on a car not long ago on a 2015 were a bolt snapped on the manifold which ended up with a removed blower and head to fix. Would really be pissed with that.....

·
Registered
'21 C8 2LT || Former 2020 Hellcat
2,978 Posts
The biggest issue with the cat replacement is how they can screw up your tailpipe alignment if the service tech is a DGAF type of person.

·
Registered
4 Posts
DO NOT DO IT. I REPEAT, DO NOT DO IT. They are going to hobble your car.
Hey vetrider did ther recall last summer 2016 m6 chally cats o2 reflash .iam the origanal owner 5000 miles . This car was bone stock ran real good souned real good. Know its definitely a guieter hellcat and definitely power loss. I use to step into it lighty and wheels would break lose easily. Know i have to push it harder to get same result almost seems like traction control is on but its not i always turn it of as soon as i head out. My service tech said it wouldnt change anything but he was wrong and i know him well . What needs to be done to get back to the way i bought it. I plan pn leaving it all stock. Can some one tune this back doubt dealer can reverse back to original tune.any one have any thoughts .ive called company but i dont get any were.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Hey vetrider did ther recall last summer 2016 m6 chally cats o2 reflash .iam the origanal owner 5000 miles . This car was bone stock ran real good souned real good. Know its definitely a guieter hellcat and definitely power loss. I use to step into it lighty and wheels would break lose easily. Know i have to push it harder to get same result almost seems like traction control is on but its not i always turn it of as soon as i head out. My service tech said it wouldnt change anything but he was wrong and i know him well . What needs to be done to get back to the way i bought it. I plan pn leaving it all stock. Can some one tune this back doubt dealer can reverse back to original tune.any one have any thoughts .ive called company but i dont get any were.
Yes, depending on what the most recent OS is. Shop needs to have a Witech to do this. Then can flash the os, not sure if they can regress though. MIGHT be able to using the older Chrysler J2534 flash software because it’ll just load/flash whatever you put in the file location. Problem with that is it’s not “officially” supported anymore

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Yes, depending on what the most recent OS is. Shop needs to have a Witech to do this. Then can flash the os, not sure if they can regress though. MIGHT be able to using the older Chrysler J2534 flash software because it’ll just load/flash whatever you put in the file location. Problem with that is it’s not “officially” supported anymore
Here’s the problem, PCM will throw a code if it’s removed from the car. If you truly want it to remain stock, and not have this done through an unlocked pcm voiding warranty, you need to bring your car to the place to do this so they can do it through the obdii port

1 - 20 of 47 Posts