SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Catalytic Recall but no Re program ??

5641 Views 95 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  DGatzby
2017 Challenger Cat replacement and reprograming has not been done yet. I have an appointment next week for it.

But I have been reading that some people have had bad results from the reprograming.

Anyone know if I can just go with just the new cats and no re programing ?

UPDATE ON PAGE 2
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2015 Challenger SRT M6 Hellcat
1,068 Posts
I just had the V86 recall done two weeks ago when I had my cat in for clutch repair. The exhaust note seems louder than before I took her in. In fact, it sounded so much louder that paranoia set in and I took a look on either side of the trans housing this morning to make sure the new cats were actually installed, LOL. My roommate noticed it as well, and asked me if I had the muffler removed (he's not a car guy). While the note is louder, it's not an annoying raspy or crackling note. Still deep, thunderous, and just a tad more badassed than before.

Ironically, my personalized plate is CATSOFF. My service tech contacted me by email to ask it that meant I had done something with the catalytic converters that he should be aware of before he replaced them with the new ones. :)

· Registered
2015 Challenger SRT M6 Hellcat
1,068 Posts
Well sounds like your recall went well . What year i have m6 as well but mine turned out quieter? Are you all stock ? Makes me wonder if there were more than one standard reflash . Mine use to really roar on cold start up . I mean in a good way. Know it still does but its a cleaner smoother tone down to low idle
Exhaust system is all stock. I have a CF CAI, but I don't think it affects exhaust note, only intake sound.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts