SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
They bricked it??
I was in the original batch for the V86 code. Went in, had it done, new cats, new O2 sensors. Got locked out of my PCM cause HP Tuners wouldn't connect because the OS version changed. Then from there the supercharger and engine had an out of order operation on shutoff, if it wasn't for the clutched pulley the supercharger would have been eating those bearings for breakfast.

It took them a long time to get the patch ready to fix it, the car was down till that was fixed.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I was in the original batch for the V86 code. Went in, had it done, new cats, new O2 sensors. Got locked out of my PCM cause HP Tuners wouldn't connect because the OS version changed. Then from there the supercharger and engine had an out of order operation on shutoff, if it wasn't for the clutched pulley the supercharger would have been eating those bearings for breakfast.

It took them a long time to get the patch ready to fix it, the car was down till that was fixed.
That’s horrible.

·
Registered
67 Posts
They're not gonna give you cats and not reprogram. I think most of the issues were early on, which was 2 years ago already. You should be good by now.
Hey rickyduece. Had my done july 2021 2016 m6 this is not same hellcat any more its quieter and there defenitly a power loss and with traction control off and yes i hold the button down till it chims thats the way i always run it it actually feels like its on? Did i get bad flash is there a new flash my service tech couldnt see why anythi g would change .

·
Registered
67 Posts
I will know soon......my appointment is Tuesday.
I asked to just replace the cats and o2s they reflash for o2s . I went in for inspection and they told me about re call which in new about from letters in mail. They had the parts there and i know service tech personally he said if it was his car he would do it those cats are costly he couldnt see how it would change anything performance ect. So in a moment of of weakness i said go ahead .the car still runs real good but i feel some power loss i dont know how much i bought new and i just seems off enough for me to notice and its defenitly a quieter car gargly throaty sound and less snap krackle and pop when coming to a stop. This is m6. Apparently this is emmisions recall due to cats falling apart inside and throwing codes and causing engine damage. I had 4800 miles when they did it and my car sounded great and ran fine. Some say they did recall and all is well i haven't heard any one say there car seems quieter .my car was and is all stock.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Do you guys know if the new ‘22 Hellcats come from the factory with this Cat recall and program?

It sounds stupid. Like most of the cars that had this done lost some power

·
Registered
21 Hellcat Charger
829 Posts
Do you guys know if the new ‘22 Hellcats come from the factory with this Cat recall and program?

It sounds stupid. Like most of the cars that had this done lost some power
Yes of course they have the latest calibration. I've been saying this like crazy.

The flash is for the cat over temp threshold and how much the car intervenes when you hit those thresholds. The only way to stop this is an aftermarket tune.

As I've said before I have logs and evidence that proves all this. My 21 never ran right at WOT when it got hot because of this. I had to get the car tuned to turn off COT and make it run right which it did. I had other fueling issues with that car so I sold it. But you will feel when it steps in. Look at my video how the car reacts when it hits COT thresholds. The boost drops to almost nothing and the car falls on its face.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yes of course they have the latest calibration. I've been saying this like crazy.

The flash is for the cat over temp threshold and how much the car intervenes when you hit those thresholds. The only way to stop this is an aftermarket tune.

As I've said before I have logs and evidence that proves all this. My 21 never ran right at WOT when it got hot because of this. I had to get the car tuned to turn off COT and make it run right which it did. I had other fueling issues with that car so I sold it. But you will feel when it steps in. Look at my video how the car reacts when it hits COT thresholds. The boost drops to almost nothing and the car falls on its face.

What other fueling issues did you have?

·
Registered
21 Hellcat Charger
829 Posts
What other fueling issues did you have?
Fuel pump had to be replaced under warranty at 2500 miles. Also the car was having fuel starvation issues at anything less than half tank but I believe that was normal due to the primary/secondary pump setup these cars have. Although I think its weird that you cant go wot in anything less than just over a half tank.

My 21 was a "covid" car just like all the rest of the 21 and 22s. Lots of lower quality parts used Im sure and also line workers rotating out for new people because of work shortages and hours issues. My car took 16 weeks to show up from order because of three different plant idle periods. One was almost three weeks long.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Fuel pump had to be replaced under warranty at 2500 miles. Also the car was having fuel starvation issues at anything less than half tank but I believe that was normal due to the primary/secondary pump setup these cars have. Although I think its weird that you cant go wot in anything less than just over a half tank.

My 21 was a "covid" car just like all the rest of the 21 and 22s. Lots of lower quality parts used Im sure and also line workers rotating out for new people because of work shortages and hours issues. My car took 16 weeks to show up from order because of three different plant idle periods. One was almost three weeks long.
I just hope more guys post if they have problems knock on wood
Thanks again for letting us know

·
Registered
3 Posts
2017 Challenger Cat replacement and reprograming has not been done yet. I have an appointment next week for it.

But I have been reading that some people have had bad results from the reprograming.

Anyone know if I can just go with just the new cats and no re programing ?
If it’s not broke don’t fix it. I never got mine replaced I’m catless now tho

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
So. I took my car in Tuesday........the Service Manager was on vacation but the Assistant Service Manger did not think that Chrysler would allow them to replace the cats and not do the reflash. They are going to check into it further and for now I told them just to let it go. After all, I have 8 years 80K miles to decide.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
759 Posts
No I asked them about it. When I had mine done it still had stock parts and they said there is no work to be done for someone who is already catless. Said they have to send the original removed parts back for inspection as part of the recall.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
No I asked them about it. When I had mine done it still had stock parts and they said there is no work to be done for someone who is already catless. Said they have to send the original removed parts back for inspection as part of the recall.
I have cats on the car was just curious, interesting

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
759 Posts
If I had the ability to have gone catless I would have.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts