SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I had this done to just get new cats and O2 sensors. I had my old cats and O2 sensors in the trunk as I just installed new cats and O2 sensors with new engine build. They traded me old parts for new never touching my car except they would not do the trade without a reflash of the pcm. They need such to prove a car was done and satisfy the recall on the vin. I brought my stock pcm with me, installed it, they flashed it, and I then removed it and put my tuned one back in. They had no problem with this but would not release the parts to me without flashing the pcm first. They took the cats but told me I could keep the old O2 sensors. Here’s the pics with the stuff at home, cats are sealed and in my attic and sensor kit still in the box.

Font Auto part Tool Gas Metal
Wood Military camouflage Air gun Machine gun Shotgun
Wood Floor Tool Wall Road surface
Bicycle handlebar Grey Asphalt Vehicle Electrical wiring

·
Registered
‘21 SRT SUPER STOCK
2,006 Posts
I had this done to just get new cats and O2 sensors. I had my old cats and O2 sensors in the trunk as I just installed new cats and O2 sensors with new engine build. They traded me old parts for new never touching my car except they would not do the trade without a reflash of the pcm. They need such to prove a car was done and satisfy the recall on the vin. I brought my stock pcm with me, installed it, they flashed it, and I then removed it and put my tuned one back in. They had no problem with this but would not release the parts to me without flashing the pcm first. They took the cats but told me I could keep the old O2 sensors. Here’s the pics with the stuff at home, cats are sealed and in my attic and sensor kit still in the box.

View attachment 597395 View attachment 597396 View attachment 597399 View attachment 597400
Are they for sale?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have cats on the car was just curious, interesting
I doubt it would pass any inspection with out any cats and a straihjt pipe all i can say is thesre new cats are very restrictive far less free flowing thats why my car is quieter and a little less resposnsive (power loss) and it runs hotter when lightly cruising around town.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts

View attachment 597395 View attachment 597396 View attachment 597399 View attachment 597400
Smart!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes of course they have the latest calibration. I've been saying this like crazy.

The flash is for the cat over temp threshold and how much the car intervenes when you hit those thresholds. The only way to stop this is an aftermarket tune.

As I've said before I have logs and evidence that proves all this. My 21 never ran right at WOT when it got hot because of this. I had to get the car tuned to turn off COT and make it run right which it did. I had other fueling issues with that car so I sold it. But you will feel when it steps in. Look at my video how the car reacts when it hits COT thresholds. The boost drops to almost nothing and the car falls on its face.

Hey vetrider were would you take your car for tune ? Can they do a new tune with new recall cats and o2s ? And can they and get into computer (pcm) without throwing cel s and make it run the way it did before recall or better. While keeping all stock . Do they need to put different cats on to achieve this. I believe these new cats are far more restrictive which is why car is quieter and feels like power loss.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts