SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my CCI driveshaft for a few weeks now and I can do a full review. I did have an issue with my original order, however that is for another thread as the issue has been corrected.

The driveshaft is a very nice 1 piece made of 4" aluminum. The installation was a breeze, however the only difficulty I had installing it was the limited access to the bolts on the flanges mating up to the transmission/differential. It was easy tightening down with a ratcheting boxed end wrench, but almost impossible to fit any sort of torque bar to torque them down to a specific torque.

Once installed, I have not had any vibrations. I have always had a whine from the differential around 55-60, and I believe it has gotten a tad louder. HOWEVER I also installed a differential brace at the same time, so I cannot blame it on the driveshaft alone. Regardless, the whine is still very quiet and tolerable.

Hard to tell performance wise as I have not been to the track since installation. But I will say that the car feels "snappier" and a little more responsive. It's hard to describe. But my car is pretty much stock with drag radials, so as long as it doesn't pretzel like the factory drive shaft, then it's doing what I bought it for.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,821 Posts
M6 or A8? Dampened? The reason I ask is Ive heard the 4” shafts can sometimes run into clearance problems, especially with a Barton shifted M6. Thanks

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,821 Posts
Guess I should have figured auto from the Charger in photo. Ok, thanks. Glad its working for you, its my next mod.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
977 Posts
Was an early user of the CCI, and I do not regret the purchase. Well made product.
Would buy another one.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,081 Posts
I have the CCI (for M6) in the garage and the Barton on order, who can confirm this clearance "issue"?

All CCIs are dampened...
"This product does not own the same noise or negative NVH characteristics of some of the competitive products for this application. You will be amazed on how smooth and responsive your Hellcat can feel"

Reactions: BlownM6

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,081 Posts
So just wrote to both Barton and CCI, see if either of them are aware.

OP sorry to jack thread, congrats and thanks for the review.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,490 Posts
My wife has a Livernois (CCI) driveshaft in her Charger Hellcat, no issues at all, very well made piece. If they were available before I bought my QA1 carbon fiber driveshaft, I would have bought one.

Reactions: TheRedKey

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
310 Posts
IMG_3232.jpg IMG_3233.jpg IMG_3235.jpg
I've got the Livernois (CCI) driveshaft in my 2016 Challenger HC, and it's very smooth. No issues with clearance either.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,081 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,081 Posts
The Barton has nothing to do with ds clearance.
This is good news because I have both awaiting install, cant afford unseen complications. Thanks.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
487 Posts
Last post for a bit since at work. But, on cars with after market exhaust some clearance issues might be seen. I can see that being the case for me at least. That's why we have propane torches and hammers though.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,081 Posts
Stuck in purgatory at the moment... CCI conflicting with Barton. Livernois says one or the other has to go. Installer said same. Barton working with installer to come up with a fix. I dont want to modify parts just for the sake of having them. Barton touching DS knuckle in pic. dmunk
Barton v CCI.jpg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
658 Posts
Stuck in purgatory at the moment... CCI conflicting with Barton. Livernois says one or the other has to go. Installer said same. Barton working with installer to come up with a fix. I dont want to modify parts just for the sake of having them. Barton touching DS knuckle in pic. dmunk
View attachment 525383
Do a search and you'll find the thread of how we've all made this combo work.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,081 Posts
They ended up shimming the trans mount 3/16". Insists there'll be no negative geometry issues.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger Hellcat M6
114 Posts
The driveshaft is a very nice 1 piece made of 4" aluminum. The installation was a breeze, however the only difficulty I had installing it was the limited access to the bolts on the flanges mating up to the transmission/differential. It was easy tightening down with a ratcheting boxed end wrench, but almost impossible to fit any sort of torque bar to torque them down to a specific torque.
This is where I'm at. CCI driveshaft, ready to torque down the bolts and there's no way any torque ratchet is getting in there. What's the solution?

I'm currently searching for something like this locally.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts