SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you changed the stock headlight bulbs for brighter ones in your Hellcat Challenger?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
915 Posts
Have any of you changed the stock headlight bulbs for brighter ones in your Hellcat Challenger?
Don't think Hellcat headlights have incandecent bulbs. They're HID which are gas filled bulbs if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,167 Posts
Don't think Hellcat headlights have incandecent bulbs. They're HID which are gas filled bulbs if I'm not mistaken.
HID's are optional beginning in 2019.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,167 Posts
They are "Standard Equipment" on my 2015...
Yes, standard 2015 through 2018 then optional as part of Driver Convenience Group 2019-up.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat 6MT
68 Posts
Yes, standard 2015 through 2018 then optional as part of Driver Convenience Group 2019-up.
OK, I see. That explains it. I never thought about doing anything about my lights: they are pretty good stock. It's a shame that they made HID an option later.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,167 Posts
OK, I see. That explains it. I never thought about doing anything about my lights: they are pretty good stock. It's a shame that they made HID an option later.
2019 was the year they made almost everything an option... cloth seats, no Harman Kardon, no blind spot monitoring, etc., all that began in 2019.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,608 Posts
2019 was the year they made almost everything an option... cloth seats, no Harman Kardon, no blind spot monitoring, etc., all that began in 2019.

All in the name of lowering the price as a sales pitch. I really dislike that tactic. Technically it lowered the base msrp but you got a lot less too. I remember FCA pitching how they lowered the msrp in their press releases. Just seems shady to me. Add the options back in and it’s more expensive than before. I dont like the deceptive feeling it gives me.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
962 Posts
I believe they are playing to the older crowd who do not want these things. My dad is 65 and he would take cloth seats, manual windows/locks/mirrors, and a simple always in track mode without a traction control light in you face IF he could lol.
He thinks his radio is a PITA, so I have his phone just connect 80s rock automatically for him so he just has to control volume.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Cat is a 2019 so I'm assuming there is no aftermarket lights for brighter light output? Not that these aren't good, just curious.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Sylvania/Osram Nightbreakers that are 200 percent brighter than stock are available. Advisable for very high speeds and lonely night roads.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat 6MT
68 Posts
Sylvania/Osram Nightbreakers that are 200 percent brighter than stock are available. Advisable for very high speeds and lonely night roads.
Yeah, but if you read reviews on Amazon, the 200% brighter claim seems to be a gross exaggeration. People replaced just one bulb and didn't see any noticeable difference compared to stock. Granted, it was not on Challengers, but regardless... Not my personal experience, and YMMV, of course.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
40 Posts
Does anyone know the Kelvin color of the OEM bulbs for 2018 car? So the reason I ask is normal temperature range is around 4300-4500K. My '09 Challenger was 4300K (I think) but the '18 seems whiter (perhaps a 5000K).

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
915 Posts
HID's are optional beginning in 2019.

Question: Are the non-HID Challenger Hellcat inner headlamps still hollow in the middle? Trying to figure out how that works with an incandecent bulb.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anyone know of any brighter aftermarket HID bulbs for our cars? I think I might have heard about night breakers and Diode dynamics. Not sure which is better? Have any of you swapped your OEM bulbs for these or replaced them for other brighter HID bulbs?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,167 Posts
Question: Are the non-HID Challenger Hellcat inner headlamps still hollow in the middle? Trying to figure out how that works with an incandecent bulb.
Yes those are the same, the headlights are only the outers.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Yeah, but if you read reviews on Amazon, the 200% brighter claim seems to be a gross exaggeration. People replaced just one bulb and didn't see any noticeable difference compared to stock. Granted, it was not on Challengers, but regardless... Not my personal experience, and YMMV, of course.
I actually did some research, not reading reviews on Amazon.
There is a video on this forum somewhere where the guy tests each HID bulb and compares them to each other in an identical situation.
So, yes, 200 percent brighter is not an exaggeration at all. Now, in the biased/shilled/paid world of Amazon reviews?

Percent
Brighter.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts