SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Challenger Hellcat Super Stock

26K views 187 replies 59 participants last post by  sandbagger 
#1 ·

Reactions: John G.
#3 ·
cool idea but such a terrible name....can also easily achieve this with a normal redeye for less $ im sure

Reactions: Kotta390
#4 ·
Except for the name (it sounds like a Chevy) I love it. It's even closer to being a Demon than the Redeye is.

#5 ·
For those that missed out on the drag focused Demon back in 2018, now heres your second chance!

#6 ·
I love it. If I didnt have a '20 RE already ordered I'd wait and get one.

#8 ·
No mention of a transbrake...

#9 · (Edited)
Whoops they did. I missed the 807hp mention at the beginning.

I agree, Super Stock doesn’t sound Dodge-ish at all. Has a Chevy sound.
It’s official name is the SRT Challenger Super Stock - no mention of Hellcat or Redeye.

I mentioned this in another thread, but how many accidents are we going to see with 800hp and drag radials on all 4 corners in the rain? Look out now. Wondering what the run is going to be like on this one? Demon numbers or more?

#11 ·
Wondering what the run is going to be like on this one? Demon numbers or more?
Depends on if they do the rebate again. No rebate? Tough sell at $90+k.

#10 ·
Meh... Certainly not enough to get me to dump my ‘15 HC.

#15 ·
They will fit in the rear only. Fronts will hit your calipers. Theyre 18’s.

#20 ·
I concur. For a potential new buyer looking for more of a drag oriented car, I think it's a good addition to the lineup. Should launch better than our redeyes. I still prefer my "street/road course" oriented car, though. Seeing as how dodge says the redeye will run a 10.7, and MANY owners can get them down to 10.2-10.4 with a tire and well prep'd track........I'm curious to see the actual numbers the super stock with produce in the hands of some good/experienced drivers on a better tire than the nitto. High 9's maybe?

#22 ·
Funny, as a former hardcore Chevrolet fanatic (until I got my cat)...when they referenced Super Stock I immediately went to the drag racing aspect not the Chevy trim level...
Me too, the Chevy SS was for Super Sport not Super Stock so don't know why people keep saying this. Guess they never heard of the early 60's Super Stock Dodge either!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#25 ·
Im def not young but i use SS just to abbreviate. Same as WB RE. More of a forum shortcut and nothing to do with the origin of the name.
I think the issue is some of us older guys are aSSuming lol.

#31 ·
Icon as driven by who? Last time I checked (months ago - since I stopped caring) than (what) two people may have legitimately matched or beat Dodge's advertised 9.65 time. Everyone else has over-priced garage art or bloated cars (basically now glorified S/S Redeyes) that will never even come close to that ET.

For everyone else who got screwed getting a single seat/no option Demon they can now at least now get a bloated Redeye on drag radials.

Yes, this should cause the Demon market to adjust. Because why should anyone pay a silly tax to go racing?

Dodge wanted the Demons out racing in the hands of enthusiasts and building a legacy/brand, but instead they got investors speculating (and dealerships gouging) and building a false market. Guess what the Super Stock is? A big **** you to those asshats.

These things will probably run 9.90s on a set of skinnies with the seats pulled. Incredible.

#32 ·
Not sure if your mask has you dumb as a rock?
But plenty Demons more than 10 have officially run 9.50s at national events.
Maybe protesting has your facts twisted?
As far as overpriced garage art? I can assume you don’t own a Demon so naturally your sour grapes

#35 ·
Gotta love how anyone who doesnt have a Demon is sour grapes. Some of us - brace yourself - actually chose not to buy one, even at MSRP. Better call Guinness. This mentality is typical of people who cannot for the life of them understand anything other than what they feel. I'm extremely sure there are far more bubble wrap queen garage art Demons than drivers. I would want mine in bubble wrap and so it made zero sense to buy one. I would obsess over every little dust particle. Hard pass. No sour grapes here.

#38 ·
Dodge Man
I see you another member sour grape wine club.
Welcome Aboard

Reactions: dragrcr
#40 ·
Correct I am sitting on a Friday. Not in a Trailer but in Destin Florida overlooking the Gulf of Mexico.
Looking out in my shed at a Demon.
Damn Life is Good

#41 ·
Back on Topic
I Like the SS model.
It will be a good seller providing it has a Exclusive Warranty

Reactions: dragrcr
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.