SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Challenger Hellcat when cold

4219 27
Hi Guys just picked up my Challenger Hellcat and I have a question. I'm a newbie here and am very happy that I found this forum. My question is when my car is cold and I start it I hear a little squealling (maybe the wrong word) but it tends to go away when the car warms up. Just want to know if that's sounds normal to you guys. Thanks in advance.
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess when I say cold in california I mean about 50 degrees lol. The car has 37 miles on it and it's the automatic. Maybe I'm just over thinking. I can take to the dealer but I figured I would check with you guys first. It goes away when the car warms up. It's kind of weird.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I took it into Huntington Beach Dodge this morning, and they just called me telling me that they are taking the belts and pulleys off. The tech is hoping it's the Idler or bearings. I'm not a tech guy so really don't understand what the hell is going on. He said if it's not that it's Probibaly the super charger. To say the least I'm really upset. 40 miles on the car and this is happening. hopefully it's nothing serious.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks RadCat. Do you think it has anything to do with someone pushing it real hard before I got it? Just curious, because I haven't even pushed it. I wanted it to break in a little before doing anything.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks hellcat1. It got delivered to me with 9 miles so your probibaly right. Just upset something went bad so soon. The funny part is I noticed it the day the car for delivered which means the selling dealer either didn't notice it or just sent it out wanting me to deal with it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you guys think the parts are readily available in stock? Pulleys, idler, worst case super charger? I just would hate to have it sit at the dealer for a week. Waiting on parts.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Sorry guys i havent updated. I picked it up from the dealer last week and they said that it was a normal sound. They contacted Dodge engineering and they said it was normal. They also had 2 new hellcats there and started them and it made the same noise. One was actually louder and one was less then mine. Oh well I guess if anything happens I still have 3 years for the warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.