SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
www.ChallengerFest.net - full schedule and details

ChallengerFest 10 is ramping up, the event website is updated with payment and lodging information, and we're ready to rock and roll for the events 10th year. Two days at Beech Bend Raceway private track rental with several race classes and a TON of test and tune time. If you've never been on the track, or it's been a while, this is the event for you. Plenty of seasoned folks willing to lend assistance, provide tips, etc in a no pressure environment. Lots of sponsors for the race classes with nice awards for the class winners.

@Injected Engineering will be sponsoring the Hellcat Shootout!

ostmike will be sponsoring track prep

goingsolo2 is sponsoring the best reaction time of the event with a catback or catless mids!

Per4Mance Development is supporting ChallengerFest 10 and will be on site with their DIRS and doing installs!

AND A BUNCH OF OTHERS!

Massive car show at the host hotel Holiday Inn Convention Center with Billet Technology personally judging as the title sponsor of ChallengerFest. Over $4,000 in car show awards!

Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,459 Posts
Danger Will, Danger Will, Corvette country.
If you ever want to make a Corvette owner run and hide, especially near Bowling Green, put up a sign, "Sinkhole danger ahead".

Too soon?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,198 Posts
Bowling Green and Beech Bend are great places. The track is in a cow field. No kidding. Spectators are reduculously close to the drag strip. Closer than anyplace I have ever seen. Tons of places to eat as well mostly one exit down the highway where all the hotels are. Make sure you try the Smokey Pig Barbecue. Real down home place just down the road. Been to Bowling Green many times for the Buick GS Nationals. Wish I could make this.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,198 Posts
Not to scare anyone but I was there on May and there were brutal thunderstorms and tornado warnings that are common that time of year. Hordes of people hiding in restrooms while canopies and awnings people set up went airborne. Was exciting anyway.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
179 Posts
Bowling Green and Beech Bend are great places. The track is in a cow field. No kidding. Spectators are reduculously close to the drag strip. Closer than anyplace I have ever seen. Tons of places to eat as well mostly one exit down the highway where all the hotels are. Make sure you try the Smokey Pig Barbecue. Real down home place just down the road. Been to Bowling Green many times for the Buick GS Nationals. Wish I could make this.
Also a veteran of many a GS Nationals. The town has grown dramatically since my first one in 1982.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,224 Posts
I might be willing to make this drive, I've been to Bowling Green a few times. Not a bad drive for me. May weather will be pretty but not record setting weather, should be fun though.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,118 Posts
Can't wait for the event.

This is our current rules for the class although they may change slightly beforehand.

Hellcat shootout
- Heads up / Pro Tree

- Open to all Hellcat / Demon / Trackhawk

- Must be able to connect to OBDII Port(factory electronics)

- Factory transmission that came in car. Ex. HP90 or 6 Speed Man (Factory transmissions can be modified)

- 4000lbs w/ driver

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,118 Posts
I wonder which Hellcat/* demon/TH comes 3700-3750 lbs
The intent is to make it a 9.0/9.1 class heads up. I know what you are thinking but I actually think these rules will disqualify cole unless he adds weight. He's much less.

We basically are trying to bring back some aspects of the old hellcat shootout until it went index.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
165 Posts
Also a veteran of many a GS Nationals. The town has grown dramatically since my first one in 1982.
Was just talking to my dad about our several trips to GS Nationals with his GN... Maybe this is a great way to make our way back down.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,013 Posts
The intent is to make it a 9.0/9.1 class heads up. I know what you are thinking but I actually think these rules will disqualify cole unless he adds weight. He's much less.

We basically are trying to bring back some aspects of the old hellcat shootout until it went index.
Drago told me we don't compete with Cole lol.. He said he'd call to distract him

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT Hellcat
385 Posts
Can't wait for the event.

This is our current rules for the class although they may change slightly beforehand.

Hellcat shootout
- Heads up / Pro Tree

- Open to all Hellcat / Demon / Trackhawk

- Must be able to connect to OBDII Port(factory electronics)

- Factory transmission that came in car. Ex. HP90 or 6 Speed Man (Factory transmissions can be modified)

- 4000lbs w/ driver
Awesome rules! I'm sure folks will complain but it does widen the field of folks who will have a shot at being competitive - which is what sponsoring a class is all about. Great job Curt and thanks for the sponsorship!

Nancy - I am calling you out again. No excuses or broken driveshafts will save you this time. $200 says I put you on the trailer.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,013 Posts
Awesome rules! I'm sure folks will complain but it does widen the field of folks who will have a shot at being competitive - which is what sponsoring a class is all about. Great job Curt and thanks for the sponsorship!

Nancy - I am calling you out again. No excuses or broken driveshafts will save you this time. $200 says I put you on the trailer.
I'd have lined up happily if I didn't have cradle issue that caused 2 DS issue.

However, you earned tons of respect when you offered to drive to the shop and get me a DS.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts