SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do y'all think? Will they bring power dollars for the 2021 normal Hellcats? If so, when would it be announced?

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,876 Posts
If i’m not mistaken they currently have a $6k promo going (unless that has ended already). That’s the first thing other than the PD rebates that Ive seen other then the actual PD rebates so I’m not sure if they’ll bring back the PD rebates at all. I think it depends on what they do with the $6k promotion. Without at least one of those I dont see sales spiking any time soon.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Woah I didn't even realize the 6k! Thank you
Also, have they started taking orders for 21 narrow body hellcats?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
541 Posts
If we're going to see the PD, it will be most likely April... been the routine thus far...

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts
If we're going to see the PD, it will be most likely April... been the routine thus far...
Last year they carried them straight over from 2019 without ever taking them away. This year has been different.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
904 Posts
The Tallahassee Dodge dealer currently has a $3,750 national consumer cash incentive for the Hellcat and no Power Dollars and no other $6,000 incentive. Local market to me, not sure on the national market. They have 0 392s on the lot, 11 other Challenger GTs, SXTs, and R/Ts. They don't have any Hellcats in stock. According to them, when mine was delivered in August, that was the last time they've seen a Hellcat come through their dealership. They have 2 Durango Hellcats on customer order with no delivery dates.

I asked about Hellcat order availability. I know their sales manager very well (used to be my next door neighbor). He said that the communication coming from Dodge has been terrible since Stellantis took over and the people he used to deal with are no longer there. His factory shipments have also been shifted from a mix of Challenger/Chargers, to being heavily Durango, Pacifica, and Jeep/Ram units. Their Challenger/Charger stock is terrible. The factory is shipping them units he can't sell (odd option combos and low popularity colors, no performance models of any kind). Almost all of the Challengers he got in last Tuesday are 2020s. They shipped him a "new" 2019. He doesn't have a single 2021 Challenger on the entire lot.

To sum it up, he kinda laughed about Hellcats. "I can't even get a Scat Pack man." That was his answer.

·
Premium Member
2021 widebody Redeye Pitch Black.
986 Posts
I ordered my car 2 weeks ago, with the $6000 incentive that's they have right now. It's guaranteed when I get my car regardless, unless they offer Power dollars again. So I'm hoping the power dollars will come back in april or May when my car is ready.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
489 Posts
Power dollars could be delayed due to chip shortages. The point of power dollars is to move cars off the lot , if inventory is low no point in power dollars. When production gets back to normal and inventory starts to swell. I would expect power dollars to make a return

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,599 Posts
Power dollars could be delayed due to chip shortages. The point of power dollars is to move cars off the lot , if inventory is low no point in power dollars. When production gets back to normal and inventory starts to swell. I would expect power dollars to make a return
2021 Hellcat inventory isn't going to swell. Going to be low production. I think folks who sat on their hands last year or before are going to be kicking themselves.

Stellantis.....what a terrible merger and name.....sounds like a new ED pill.

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts
2021 Hellcat inventory isn't going to swell. Going to be low production. I think folks who sat on their hands last year or before are going to be kicking themselves.

Stellantis.....what a terrible merger and name.....sounds like a new ED pill.
My thoughts exactly. Word for word. Times infinity.

Reactions: Tannehill

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,397 Posts
strong. dodge shot themselves in the foot with this one. Power $$ has run for like 3 years now? either lower MSRP or continue to give 7k and 8k discounts.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
489 Posts
I’ll take the opposite, inventory will definitely swell. Why? Gas prices are going up up up. Dodge has two new models coming. The current challenger will have huge discounts and will be available in quantities. Time will tell. That’s why it’s awesome and fun to put things in writing we could look back in six months and see who was right.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,599 Posts
I’ll take the opposite, inventory will definitely swell. Why? Gas prices are going up up up. Dodge has two new models coming. The current challenger will have huge discounts and will be available in quantities. Time will tell. That’s why it’s awesome and fun to put things in writing we could look back in six months and see who was right.
Your reasoning has nothing to do with production though. And if your definition of "swell" is simply more Hellcats out in summer than now, well yeah, but if it is a realistic definition most would think of like thousands more made and sold...not gonna happen. I'll estimate Durango, Charger and Challenger 2021 Hellcat production is less than 10,000 vehicles combined. There's only 5mths left in the model year, pumping out thousands of Hellcats a month isn't FCA.....sorry...STELLANTIS'S! priority.

Parts shortages, vehicle shipping industry problems, lower incentives, higher interest rates, "COVID life" dragging out thanks to President Doom and Gloom and Dr. Fallacy, and the US auto companies going back to slurping the teet of EVs so they can make the new administration happy so they can get $$ are all the real players.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
489 Posts
Your reasoning has nothing to do with production though. And if your definition of "swell" is simply more Hellcats out in summer than now, well yeah, but if it is a realistic definition most would think of like thousands more made and sold...not gonna happen. I'll estimate Durango, Charger and Challenger 2021 Hellcat production is less than 10,000 vehicles combined. There's only 5mths left in the model year, pumping out thousands of Hellcats a month isn't FCA.....sorry...STELLANTIS'S! priority.

Parts shortages, vehicle shipping industry problems, lower incentives, higher interest rates, "COVID life" dragging out thanks to President Doom and Gloom and Dr. Fallacy, and the US auto companies going back to slurping the teet of EVs so they can make the new administration happy so they can get $$ are all the real players.
That certainly is a lot of words. Your guess is no more valid than my guess. Only time will settle this argument. And by inventory swell I mean when they bring back power dollars that will tell me inventory levels are back where they need to be.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,599 Posts
LOL.....typical forum debater, doesn't really bother to read. Mine isn't a "guess". I stated the factors why...and it's used along with information I have been told by folks I trust.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
541 Posts
They haven't even begun the standard Hellcat production of the Charger/Challenger...but I can promise you it will be more than that... mainly because of the addition of the Redeye Charger.. I would say probably closer to 15k...

Additionally, the world is starting to ramp back up to normalcy in many ways

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
489 Posts
LOL.....typical forum debater, doesn't really bother to read. Mine isn't a "guess". I stated the factors why...and it's used along with information I have been told by folks I trust.
Semantics, call it whatever you like.You’re guessing, predicting the future. I don’t believe you. Time will tell. Period.

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts
They haven't even begun the standard Hellcat production of the Charger/Challenger...but I can promise you it will be more than that... mainly because of the addition of the Redeye Charger.. I would say probably closer to 15k...

Additionally, the world is starting to ramp back up to normalcy in many ways
I wouldnt bet on the RE Charger being a very high production. That car does not come cheap as a WB only. I know a bunch of people here are excited for them but in the big picture I dont think they are going to be a huge seller tbh. Fairly low demand for Charger muscle to begin with coupled with the buy-in price will keep the numbers down imo. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Tannehill

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,599 Posts
I wouldnt bet on the RE Charger being a very high production. That car does not come cheap as a WB only. I know a bunch of people here are excited for them but in the big picture I dont think they are going to be a huge seller tbh. Fairly low demand for Charger muscle to begin with coupled with the buy-in price will keep the numbers down imo. Just my opinion.
Yep. 2600 WB Chargers made and sold in 2020, total. I don't see that being surpassed this year at all. I'll estimate less than 700 redeye Chargers built.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts