SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hate myself for not going with the red seat belts, and was wondering (Dr. Buick?) how easy it would be to change them? Currently have the black ones. If easy enough, I would rather avoid taking it to the dealer and having them charge me an arm and a leg to do it. The parts look relatively cheap I'm guessing. Need special tools to do this?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,730 Posts
It wont be hard to do, just time consuming.. A lot has to come apart to do the swap.... Have you priced the red belts yet? They are PRICEY if I remember correctly.

·
Thread Killer
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,034 Posts
all seats will need to be removed to access buckles, as well as all rear interior trim, including parcel shelf, to access retractors.
as for special tools, not sure if they still use TORX or have changed to MORTORQ fasteners.
SRS system verification test should be performed anytime SRS components have been removed or replaced (requires scan tool).

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
i worry the red will turn pink from the sun in a couple of years....also worry about the red bleeding onto your clothes

i wanted them, but glad i have black in the end

worth $100.....not worth a few hundred and hours of your time to replace after the fact...keep the black

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
436 Posts
I really hate myself for not going with the red seat belts, and was wondering (Dr. Buick?) how easy it would be to change them? Currently have the black ones. If easy enough, I would rather avoid taking it to the dealer and having them charge me an arm and a leg to do it. The parts look relatively cheap I'm guessing. Need special tools to do this?
Its just an idea throwing it out there but somebody that ordered the red belts mb wished they ordered black u could trade them say someone reading this post at some time in the future? :cool::cool:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
272 Posts
i worry the red will turn pink from the sun in a couple of years....also worry about the red bleeding onto your clothes

i wanted them, but glad i have black in the end

worth $100.....not worth a few hundred and hours of your time to replace after the fact...keep the black
Tint your windows...that will solve that issue

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,558 Posts
Red Wasn't offered with the sepia interior

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
480 Posts
Changing all the belts is a PITA. You pretty much have to remove all the trim panel pieces on the inside of the car to get to all the bolts holding them in place. Praying you don't break a clip of snap the plastic panels themselves while doing this. Seems a lot of work for a colour change.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.