SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat Ordered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to order a Charger HCWB unless my DDHC gets built, but any ways does anyone have feed back on the 2nd row room?

I have 3 kids 13, 9 & 7, my 13 year old sits up front unless mom is with, so does the charger make a good family car? This would not be my only car but used the most.

thanks for your feed back.

·
Premium Member
2017 Challenger Hellcat
39 Posts
I used to have a rear facing child seat and a booster in the back when I had a charger r/t. Both were in there fine. Front passenger seat only had to come forward a little bit so there is quite a bit of leg room. I'd be concerned trying to get 3 larger kids back there though. That middle seat isn't that wide. I can see fights over someones legs touching anothers legs etc in your future.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat Ordered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to have a rear facing child seat and a booster in the back when I had a charger r/t. Both were in there fine. Front passenger seat only had to come forward a little bit so there is quite a bit of leg room. I'd be concerned trying to get 3 larger kids back there though. That middle seat isn't that wide. I can see fights over someones legs touching anothers legs etc in your future.
Thanks for the info,

I figured in the future with the kids getting bigger there could be some issues, if I don’t get the DDHC I am looking at the DDSRT and can’t see sending about the same money for the 6.4 compared to the 6.2SC. Stuck in a hard spot lol, the only thing I got going for me is the truck.

·
Registered
2021 Charger Redeye WB
70 Posts
No kids here but I am a 6'2 guy and can comfortably sit behind my seat in its normal seating position.
The middle seat is useless however.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
897 Posts
I have two (big Recaro) front facing car seats for my 2 & 5 year olds and then have a 8 year old in the middle. As she's getting bigger, I'm noticing it's getting a little tighter back there.
So yeah, as already mentioned, 3 across is pretty tight back there.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't have human children but I have two fluff ball siberian huskies and they have plenty of room to drool everywhere, and i've had a person (or two) back there with them also LOL.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
221 Posts
I’ve got a 18 Hellcat Charger. In the back are (3) booster seats, (1) is a high back the others just the booster. The kids are 5,7, and 9. Holly crap when did they become not babies!?

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
897 Posts
I’ve got a 18 Hellcat Charger. In the back are (3) booster seats, (1) is a high back the others just the booster. The kids are 5,7, and 9. Holly crap when did they become not babies!?
Pics of this setup, if you don't mind?

I swapped out my bulky Recaros the other day for some Diono 3R seats, but the middle seems a little crammed still for my 8 year old (gonna be 9 in June) when having the Dionos on the outer positions.

Hmmm...just thought of this, I guess I never thought to put her on the outside seating position though and put the two Dionos side by side. :unsure:

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
221 Posts
Pics of this setup, if you don't mind?

I swapped out my bulky Recaros the other day for some Diono 3R seats, but the middle seems a little crammed still for my 8 year old (gonna be 9 in June) when having the Dionos on the outer positions.

Hmmm...just thought of this, I guess I never thought to put her on the outside seating position though and put the two Dionos side by side. :unsure:
I’ll have (3) in today for my kids baseball game. Diono is key for fitting (3) regular car seats.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
257 Posts
Hold strong for the DDHC. I've got two older kids, 11 and 14 and they fit fine but being 6'4" I need to move my seat up just a bit. I wouldn't want three kids crammed back there on a regular basis. If it's rarely they could make it work but that DDHC is a beast of a unit, only thing I'd fear there would be the gas mileage.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
221 Posts
Hold strong for the DDHC. I've got two older kids, 11 and 14 and they fit fine but being 6'4" I need to move my seat up just a bit. I wouldn't want three kids crammed back there on a regular basis. If it's rarely they could make it work but that DDHC is a beast of a unit, only thing I'd fear there would be the gas mileage.
My kids are only 8 and and younger and I’m only 6’, this is a fair assement.

In regards to Durango’s I don’t have a SRT just a regular Limmited V6 AWD, it’s FANTASTIC, on 150k, taken Norma care ofit, oil changes when needed 100k trans service, replaced one roller rocker and now doing the shocks. Great Family haulers!

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
897 Posts
I’ll have (3) in today for my kids baseball game. Diono is key for fitting (3) regular car seats.
So is my idea of moving the Dionos side by side, and leaving a end seat for my oldest one, the better solution here?
(as opposed to having the Dionos outboard and not leaving much shoulder room in the middle between them for her)

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
897 Posts
I mean I don't drive far/much with all 3 of them, but they're definitely not getting any smaller LOL.
A DDHC would be awesome, BUT that $90k or whatever price tag (waaay out of my league), finding one & then having to pay for the fuel for it.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
221 Posts
So is my idea of moving the Dionos side by side, and leaving a end seat for my oldest one, the better solution here?
(as opposed to having the Dionos outboard and not leaving much shoulder room in the middle between them for her)
Diono’s are great you can fit 3 across if it were needed. (2) side by side And then and end seat free works. Did that but with a booster.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
897 Posts
Diono’s are great you can fit 3 across if it were needed. (2) side by side And then and end seat free works. Did that but with a booster.
That's what I'm thinking...put the 2 Dionos side by side and then the end seat for my 8year old, with a booster.

Is it okay in the middle seat? I'm pretty sure there are latch connections & then also the top tether hook.
I assume it'll sit just a little higher though?

thanks btw (y)

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
221 Posts
I’ve ran the middle before for the booster but I like using the side as the big kid like the but/back heater!

This is how I currently run the Seats. Dionos side by side, diono booster on the far right behind passenger. Use towels underNeath and behind seat to prevent impressions on the sears.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts