SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new to this forum but have a few questions about ride feel and quality on the HC.
I am a previous 2006 SRT-8 300C owner
The main reason i got rid of my 300 is that the handling and ride were way too floaty and i could not really tell what the car was doing. It did not feel connected to the road. Lack of road feel.
Now i am thinking of getting a Charger Hellcat also looking at a M3 sedan.
So can a HC owner comment on the ride and road feel of a HC.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
9,164 Posts
I had a 300C SRT8. The quality of the ride is similar but the Hellcat rides with more feedback. There are three levels of adjustment. The street is the softest and still provides more of a sport ride over the 300, but I would not say my SRT was ever floaty, it was also comfortable and firm. You can buzz up to Sport or Track mode, there is absolutely no comparison there with a 300. Track mode will make you uncomfortable if you have a bad back.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,163 Posts
brother had a 2013 300....the HC ride is nothing close.....

you will feel the road just fine...maybe too much if your looking to feel the road more then the HC is for you....compared to my 2011 SRT Challenger its a much rougher ride.....i use sport mode

test drive a 2015 392 SRT to get a taste of what a HC will be like

it handles as good as a car its size ever will

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
172 Posts
I have a Charger HC and also test drove the new M4. The HC feels as connected to the road as the M4 did to me, but of course, the HC does feel heavier than the M.

·
SRT Hellcat Owner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
848 Posts
I "traded" my E-46 M3 for a Challenger HC. Although is not a Charger, I have plenty of time in non-HC Charger with a beefed-up (factory) suspension.

The M3 stayed tight through the corners. The HC is a BEAST! It has plenty of finesse, but with more than twice the HP and a heck of a lot more weight, give yourself a bit of practice. In the end, the amount of power in the HC more than compensates for any loss of finesse.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
351 Posts
The ride may be slightly stiffer on street mode, and is much stiffer on the other modes. It has never felt floaty to me, but then again my 300 SRT8 didn't feel floaty, either. The steering feedback and responsiveness is much better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.