SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buyer for my Hellcat, the car is Canadian and I need a MPH speedo in order for the car to enter the US. Does anyone know of anyone selling one? There is a huge wait for one from the dealer, wondering if there might be some available from some of the cars that have been written off.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
OK what's the punch line?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,419 Posts
I have a buyer for my Hellcat, the car is Canadian and I need a MPH speedo in order for the car to enter the US. Does anyone know of anyone selling one? There is a huge wait for one from the dealer, wondering if there might be some available from some of the cars that have been written off.

Thanks
Spedo Should Be In Miles And KM Per Hour Is It Not?
There is A Way To Switch It look At The Owners Manual!
Us & Canada Cars Same Except For Daytime Running Lights...

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
113 Posts
Spedo has both km/h and mph im confused. If i remember correctly, also if you have the spedo in the center display you can even switch that one from km/h to mph as well as switching the odometer from km to miles.

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
what they said , you can change it in the DID by the arrows on the steering wheel

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you still looking to exchange the speedo as I need a Canadian one
no, the new owner somehow got it into the US with kph gauge. Dodge unlike GM has KPH on the gauge and it does not change when you switch over to Imperial, only the digital display changes. On the GM's the light changes to the selected preference and the speedo then shows the speed based on selection.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
499 Posts
Spedo has both km/h and mph im confused. If i remember correctly, also if you have the spedo in the center display you can even switch that one from km/h to mph as well as switching the odometer from km to miles.
My analog (well not really) speedo dial on the right is in Kmh (up to 340). I presume he is looking for a speedo dial that goes up to 200mph. It is true that you can change the electronic speedo reading in the middle to kmh or mph.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
14 Posts
My analog (well not really) speedo dial on the right is in Kmh (up to 340). I presume he is looking for a speedo dial that goes up to 200mph. It is true that you can change the electronic speedo reading in the middle to kmh or mph.

New to the forum, so starting right up...Have a 2016 US spec cat, but so far not able to change speedometer dial to km/h. Is this possible only for Canadian spec cars? Is it possible to change dial to km/h (0-340km/h)?
Digital km-h but still mp-h on speedometer dial--.PNG

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,527 Posts
New to the forum, so starting right up...Have a 2016 US spec cat, but so far not able to change speedometer dial to km/h. Is this possible only for Canadian spec cars? Is it possible to change dial to km/h (0-340km/h)?
View attachment 217153
To change the round dial obviously you would have to tear into the instrument panel to physically replace either the gauge or entire cluster. I guess it could be done but never seen it happen.

For the digital readout in center, that's easy, just press OK on left steering wheel button to change from mph to km/h.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
902 Posts
View attachment 217153
Welcome to the forum Norski. We have a great family here. As far as the speedo goes I would talk to Dodge(if they have one in Norway) parts dept. Like stated above the gauge can be changed but I don't think it will be cheep

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,198 Posts
No ideas how you guys up North deal with that metric crap. I know the rest of the world loves it but cars and driving are really an American invention and it was really perfected here and Canada too.(I know Carl Benz bla bla, but he was a small time player). Come back to MPH my Canadian friends.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,527 Posts
Kind of off subject, but does any one know if the speedo and tach can be switched? Thanks.
I'm gonna guess it's like a circuit board back there so no, it's one unit and they can't be swapped around.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
14 Posts
Thanks for the info. Will not do anything since this is not possible or too much work. Though the speedometer looked more like a digital dial type and not analog. I am using center digital speedometer which is accurate and have to be GPS speed. Tested against NAV app on my phone, exact same as gps logged speed which is good:cool:. I have seen HC Challenger's with 340 km/h dial, so that's why I was asking. Must be for the Canadian market only then.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts