SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went in to order a Charger Redeye, and met at the dealership today, only to find that certain options are not available. I figured doing a custom order would allow anything advertised on their website.

My first Question is. What are the default brake calipers color? Only Black and Gunmetal Grey were even listed for me to order.

Second, F8 Green was not available.

Thirdly, only two wheel options were listed, not the three on dodge's website.

Only reason I didn't order today is I really wanted Orange calipers, I've wanted them since before the redeye was announced. Now that I've seen all the press cars with orange calipers I really want them.

Will the options change, or only just get more restricted as the year continues?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
225 Posts
Went in to order a Charger Redeye, and met at the dealership today, only to find that certain options are not available. I figured doing a custom order would allow anything advertised on their website.

My first Question is. What are the default brake calipers color? Only Black and Gunmetal Grey were even listed for me to order.

Only reason I didn't order today is I really wanted Orange calipers, I've wanted them since before the redeye was announced. Now that I've seen all the press cars with orange calipers I really want them.

Will the options change, or only just get more restricted as the year continues?

Standard caliper color is Red. I saw Orange on my order form.....

I ordered a

WHite, black roof, black hood, black trunk widebody, Red Leather interior, Seude and Carbon package,HK audio with the standard wheels.

·
Registered
2015 Charger Hellcat 2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye (coming soon)
77 Posts

Interesting...I ordered on 25 of October.
It is Charger RE, and I got orange calipers. But about 2 weeks ago was informed that I had to change the wheels, as Brass Monkey was no longer available. I was also told that the real issue with wheels was their weight.
My dealer forwarded an email to me that they supposedly got from the factory directing them to ask me to change due to the weight issue.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,747 Posts
F8 looks to not be a 2021 option on the site but the orange calipers are still available according to the site. Default color is red.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgot to mention, I was also being forced to buy Red leather seats. I'd prefer black. Call me odd, but the orange brakes was the biggest reason I didn't commit to buy. I'll probably reach out to another dealer or two and see what they can order.

·
Demon build date: 2/17/2018 #1531 - My Shy Girl
Challenger SRT Demon
631 Posts
I ordered Saturday and orange calipers were available. So were monkey brass wheels which did not show on the website

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are the only options available on the dealerships ordering gateway.

This is right after color selection. F8 Green was a greyed out box and unselectable.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I ordered Saturday and orange calipers were available. So were monkey brass wheels which did not show on the website
Interesting, - my dealer tells me that Brass Monkey wheels are not available! Got email to that effect 2 weeks ago. I guess, I need to find out what gives...

·
Challenger SRT Demon
631 Posts
Interesting, - my dealer tells me that Brass Monkey wheels are not available! Got email to that effect 2 weeks ago. I guess, I need to find out what gives...
Ironfelix... I only have a VON# so if I get a VIN# then they are available... I will update you when I find out...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ironfelix... I only have a VON# so if I get a VIN# then they are available... I will update you when I find out...
Here is a thing, - I DO have a VIN number and the dealer told me TODAY that the delivery ETA for my Charger RE is late March and it is in D1 status.

The original email informing me of the change said "...There is a weight issue on the Challenger Redeye Widebody.
The wheels on the attached orders will need to be changed..."

Even though I am getting a Charger and the email talks about a Challenger, the dealer said that my order was specifically referenced for this change. The wheels I was forced to chose from was either Carbon Black or Granit.

The dealer further told me that as of late there have been many parts shortages at the factory, including electronics subassemblies, like blind side monitoring and now wheels. What I do not get is what is this comment regarding the "...weight issue on the Challenger Redeye Widebody..."!!!!

·
Challenger SRT Demon
631 Posts
Here is a thing, - I DO have a VIN number and the dealer told me TODAY that the delivery ETA for my Charger RE is late March and it is in D1 status.

The original email informing me of the change said "...There is a weight issue on the Challenger Redeye Widebody.
The wheels on the attached orders will need to be changed..."

Even though I am getting a Charger and the email talks about a Challenger, the dealer said that my order was specifically referenced for this change. The wheels I was forced to chose from was either Carbon Black or Granit.

The dealer further told me that as of late there have been many parts shortages at the factory, including electronics subassemblies, like blind side monitoring and now wheels. What I do not get is what is this comment regarding the "...weight issue on the Challenger Redeye Widebody..."!!!!
Thanks for the info. I’ll give my dealer a call.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts