SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
That's exactly why the Hellcat is such a good buy right now. In a year or so it'll be done, and it's really the last of it's kind. If you want over complicated stuff using technology to go fast it'll always be out there.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
420 Posts
That's exactly why the Hellcat is such a good buy right now. In a year or so it'll be done, and it's really the last of it's kind. If you want over complicated stuff using technology to go fast it'll always be out there.
I don't know if it's the last of its kind, after 2011 the e63 AMG went from 6.2 N/a to 5.5 twin turbo, in 2014 it went AWD.

I think after 2024 is when new generation will come out.

but yeah eventually these large motored beasts will be discontinued.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Modded obviously, just downpipes and tune
Did you see videos of such M5's against Hellcats ALSO modded with, say, a pulley and a tune?

If not, they are irrelevant.

The Hellcat will lift the tail up on the M5 and kick it's butt up to its throat.

M5:

The top speed is limited to 250 km/h (155 mph), and the delimited top speed is 305 km/h (190 mph) with the optional M Driver's Package. Despite the added weight of the all-wheel drive components, the weight of the F90 M5 is approximately 40 kg (88 lb) lower than the previous generation M5.

The M5 can't touch a Hellcat, after the 'cat gets to where it's not immolating the tires, and especially in the top end.

The Hellcat with its 200mph top speed (and that is LIMITED, not horsepower-restricted) has sixteen percent higher power-to-drag ratio than the Bring it to the Mechanics, Wilhelm does.

So, the M5, with its lower luftweiderstand has similar weight, but still has lower top speed.
it is also heavier.

BMW:
Heavier
Lower drag, but still lower top speed
Much less power
relatively sissy-sounding acoustics
Less likely to attract non-avaricious females.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
but yeah eventually these large motored beasts will be discontinued.
I don't agree with that.
What I also don't agree with is parroting the agenda of the sky-is-falling climate creeps.
I think that big-mouthed beasts such as Greta Thunberg are what will and should be discontinued.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I am guessing that is the hptuners upper limit.
254mph would require 2.048 times as much horsepower to achieve as 200mph.
However, I wonder what, exactly, the top speed of the Hellcat would be if the power peak was positioned nearer the absolute limit of aerodynamic resistance for that power level.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I am guessing that is the hptuners upper limit.
254mph would require 2.048 times as much horsepower to achieve as 200mph.
However, I wonder what, exactly, the top speed of the Hellcat would be if the power peak was positioned nearer the absolute limit of aerodynamic resistance for that power level.
I assumed they were aerodynamically limited. i.e. 200 is all you get because you run out of enough hp to overcome the drag

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Interesting. The ultra-slick (0.29 Cd) Firebird went 200 on 700hp, by Gale Banks. For the Hellcat to do that is impressive indeed, as I do not think it has the same low drag coefficient of the late, great Firebird.

But, the modern Hellcat is a teardrop compared to the original Challenger.

·
Registered
495 Posts
depends on where you live, I live in a rich suburb and if the charger hc wasn't go mango with stripes it would blend in, here there are porsche, bentley, corvettes, even seen a demon or two running around.

Line up a standard body hellcat and a scat pack or rental sxt and 90% of people wouldn't notice the differences when in another car.

The wb though adds some character to the car.

Also the m5 is pretty much the future for the hellcat, curvier sedan with turbocharged smaller displacement v8 with a lighter chasis, awd with ability to go full rwd and comfortable. It might not look remotely the same but that's the direction fca will be pushing toward to avoid the gas guzzler tax.
Great point. Didn't think of it that way but it definitely depends on where you live. I'm in Detroit and challengers/chargers are everywhere but hellcats are still coveted, in a way.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
54 Posts
Leftover 19, 36/10 no money down. First payment and Taxes upfront
I love my scat pack and Mopar, but I think the traction will be much better in the M5. You can't go wrong with the Hellcat, but that sounds like a really good deal they are offering right now.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
420 Posts
Did you see videos of such M5's against Hellcats ALSO modded with, say, a pulley and a tune?

If not, they are irrelevant.

The Hellcat will lift the tail up on the M5 and kick it's butt up to its throat.

M5:

The top speed is limited to 250 km/h (155 mph), and the delimited top speed is 305 km/h (190 mph) with the optional M Driver's Package. Despite the added weight of the all-wheel drive components, the weight of the F90 M5 is approximately 40 kg (88 lb) lower than the previous generation M5.

The M5 can't touch a Hellcat, after the 'cat gets to where it's not immolating the tires, and especially in the top end.

The Hellcat with its 200mph top speed (and that is LIMITED, not horsepower-restricted) has sixteen percent higher power-to-drag ratio than the Bring it to the Mechanics, Wilhelm does.

So, the M5, with its lower luftweiderstand has similar weight, but still has lower top speed.
it is also heavier.

BMW:
Heavier
Lower drag, but still lower top speed
Much less power
relatively sissy-sounding acoustics
Less likely to attract non-avaricious females.
Look you are biased asf, just leave it at that. If you read what I said I was talking about off the line on the street. The m5 is a demon killer on the street. On the track it's on par with a hellcat not a redeye or demon. Stock for stock the f90 m5 is making roughly 700 hp (germans always underrated) and it's dropping 0-60 in 2.8.

I have lots of buddies with e63's, m5's, etc etc boring is not what I would call the car, stealthy is probably a better term. But anyway these cars with light mods are keeping up with 1000 cc motorcycles in stoplight to stoplight application which is something not even modded redeyes could achieve.

Where in the f*ck are you doing 200 mph runs? even at 65 pulls the stock m5 isn't being pulled that hard by the hc, with both cars being modded they are about neck and neck.

But anyway I have gotten killed by a stock m5 on a dig multiple times and im running pulley + tune with radials and prep time for said radials.

You just can't beat awd and similar hp numbers from a dig in these cars without a prepped surface

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
961 Posts
Audi RS7 is another one you should consider, its in the high 500hp range and AWD, the european version get 700hp

Also with Audis you can get a tune and other things thru APR which is supported and warrantied by Audi, APR is what Dinan was to BMW.

Reactions: IndigoBlue18

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
492 Posts
Around my parts M5’s are a dime a dozen even the color sanded mirrored paint ones. flip a coin, done

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
420 Posts
Around my parts M5’s are a dime a dozen even the color sanded mirrored paint ones. flip a coin, done
yeah that's true, e60 is my favorite gen with the n/a 5.0 v10 it was like the old srt's but on crack. The new m5's are definitely more bland looking unless you go with carbon fiber diffuser, lip, side skirts, spoiler, etc etc.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
492 Posts
yeah that's true, e60 is my favorite gen with the n/a 5.0 v10 it was like the old srt's but on crack. The new m5's are definitely more bland looking unless you go with carbon fiber diffuser, lip, side skirts, spoiler, etc etc.
Nail on the head

21 - 40 of 59 Posts