SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone that’s ordered a Redeye Charger recently, what’s the build times looking like? Heard 3-5 months from order.

·
Registered
2015 Charger Hellcat 2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye (coming soon)
77 Posts
Anyone that’s ordered a Redeye Charger recently, what’s the build times looking like? Heard 3-5 months from order.
I think I am waiting the longest. I ordered (Charger Redeye, no stripes, frostbite, sepia, orange calipers, etc. nothing too special) on 24 Oct. 2020. Today got this from the dealer, - "...The car is build... Hopefully we will see your Charger soon. Its shipped to storage in the system..." Pathetic! If I get it by the end of May, it'd be a miracle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered a 2021 Challenger Redeye Super Stock in early Feb. of this year. Shop date got extended out a few weeks to May 5th when they shutdown the Brampton plant. Car is being built right now. I don't think those long delays will be there when they get caught up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered my 21 Charger Redeye on 3/30 and was told last week it was accepted for production and a VIN has been assigned. But no updates on when the car will actually be produced. Hope not to much longer!

·
Registered
2021 Charger RedEye
124 Posts
It took them 12 weeks to build and deliver my Charger Redeye ordered near the end of Oct 2020. Not sure why its taking Ironfelix so long as it seems he will have a similar spec as me, I would be pissed if it is taking that long. I also hear they are not offering orange calipers anymore on the website.

·
Registered
27 Posts
12 Weeks is a long time for sure, I waited 14 months for my C8 and sold it 90 days later! Did not enjoy the ride and miss my 2018 Hellcat everyday. Hopefully I will get some good news soon.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
225 Posts
Ordered mine end of November . White , black hood/roof/lid. Red interior.

Recieved Vin February 9th .

Recieved built confirmation March 27th.

Car was shipped to JB. Body vendor March 28th.

Car has been in JB since then! A month!!! How bloody long does it take to paint a hood and roof!?

·
Registered
2015 Charger Hellcat 2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye (coming soon)
77 Posts
It took them 12 weeks to build and deliver my Charger Redeye ordered near the end of Oct 2020. Not sure why its taking Ironfelix so long as it seems he will have a similar spec as me, I would be pissed if it is taking that long. I also hear they are not offering orange calipers anymore on the website.
Ye...it is extremely upsetting. The car was build and was in inspection BEFORE the shutdown few weeks ago! Meaning it was build over a month ago and still I DO NOT HAVE IT!!!! Countless phone calls to the dealer, countless emails to the dealer. Many conversations with customer service, - nothing! Chrysler says talk to the dealer, dealer says Chrysler does not respond to their requests. It took an email to the head office in Michigan to get any info on the status of the car. So,- as we speak today, the car is in storage at the factory, all done! The dealer says it is coming soon!
If it arrives without orange calipers, I will go full 'Corleone' on them!;)

Anyway, I am sure what happened to my order is not typical, but it does happen. This is my 2nd Hellcat and the 1st one was in 2015, I got it within 6 weeks (ordered in August, got it end of September). Cancelling the order is not an option, as I do not have any legal remedy here. However, I am working on inducing Chrysler to give me something for my troubles, - an extended warrantee perhaps, we will see...

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
476 Posts
I ordered my 2021 Redeye SS mid April, and was told possible 15 week wait. Since then the dealer said it had been assigned a VIN, but thats it so far.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for letting me know that, there is no way I will be willing to wait 15 weeks! By then allocations for the 22 model years will be out and the car will be considered one year old already.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
3 months would put us end of July beginning of August. My dealer told me they start ordering the following model year in July for a September October delivery. That means are cars would be 1 model year old in 2 months.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts