SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 challenger hellcat. Got it last October! Has roughly 24k miles. Runs like a champ but lately I been getting the check engine light on and off! Same code every time. P0307. Who else has had the same issue and did y’all find a fix? I’ve also noticed that my coolant tank is always running low could that be what’s causing it to throw the code? I’ve taken it to the dealership twice already. First time they couldn’t get the code to turn back on (it went away as soon as I dropped it off at the dealership) lol and second time they claimed to find the issue it was the cable connected to cylinder 7 apparently the Pins on the connector were damaged. They changed it and got it back last Thursday and here we are again back in square one

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I still have warranty. Just turned car on right now and got another code. P0300. Car definitely needs some repairing

·
Registered
52 Posts
P0300 is multiple cylinder misfire. Could be a lot of things. I would figure out where your coolant is going, hopefully onto the ground.
Its under warranty though, take it in. Unfortunately techs these days just want to plug their scan tool in and have the computer tell them the magic fix, not always that easy.
Figures crossed they figure it out for you.

·
Registered
402 Posts
P0300 is multiple cylinder misfire. Could be a lot of things. I would figure out where your coolant is going, hopefully onto the ground.
Its under warranty though, take it in. Unfortunately techs these days just want to plug their scan tool in and have the computer tell them the magic fix, not always that easy.
your wrong on your statement about techs that's all WE want to do. our hands are tied by the factory. we have to go BY THE BOOK AND FLOW CHART and it needs to be acting up when it comes in. and when you have people come in and it's not happening and need it fixed NOW it does not happen.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
936 Posts
I’ve also noticed that my coolant tank is always running low could that be what’s causing it to throw the code?
You didn't mention whether the coolant is leaking external to the engine (on the ground) or if its just getting low on coolant and you don't know where its going. I assume you told the dealer about the coolant disappearing?

That combined with cylinder misfires would worry me a lot. It may not be running great for much longer if that coolant is going into the cylinders.

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
132 Posts
I have a 2018 challenger hellcat. Got it last October! Has roughly 24k miles. Runs like a champ but lately I been getting the check engine light on and off! Same code every time. P0307. Who else has had the same issue and did y’all find a fix? I’ve also noticed that my coolant tank is always running low could that be what’s causing it to throw the code? I’ve taken it to the dealership twice already. First time they couldn’t get the code to turn back on (it went away as soon as I dropped it off at the dealership) lol and second time they claimed to find the issue it was the cable connected to cylinder 7 apparently the Pins on the connector were damaged. They changed it and got it back last Thursday and here we are again back in square one
Hi Tavo713, I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble resolving this concern. If you do choose to return your vehicle to your dealer for diagnosis, please feel free to reach out to us here via a private message. We are happy to help!
Rob
DodgeCares

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
132 Posts
Hi Tavo713, I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble resolving this concern. If you do choose to return your vehicle to your dealer for diagnosis, please feel free to reach out to us here via a private message. We are happy to help!
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya
yes I dropped my car off at the dealership a few hours ago just impatiently waiting to hear what is going on sometime later tomorrow. I haven’t seen any leaks inside the hood nor on the ground as much as I don’t want to think this way but have to be realistic about it, I’m thinking it made its way to the cylinders which is causing the misfire. Hope I’m wrong

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You didn't mention whether the coolant is leaking external to the engine (on the ground) or if its just getting low on coolant and you don't know where its going. I assume you told the dealer about the coolant disappearing?

That combined with cylinder misfires would worry me a lot. It may not be running great for much longer if that coolant is going into the cylinders.
I have no clue where the coolant is going but one thing is for sure it’s not on the ground. I mentioned it to the dealership before but I had filled my tank up prior to taking it to them obviously because I don’t want to be diving around with a nearly empty tank and they told me they couldn’t troubleshoot it since it was filled they needed it empty but I dropped it off today empty and just gonna wait till tomorrow for them to reach out and hoping for good news

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
936 Posts
I have no clue where the coolant is going but one thing is for sure it’s not on the ground. I mentioned it to the dealership before but I had filled my tank up prior to taking it to them obviously because I don’t want to be diving around with a nearly empty tank and they told me they couldn’t troubleshoot it since it was filled they needed it empty but I dropped it off today empty and just gonna wait till tomorrow for them to reach out and hoping for good news
Which tank?? Gas, Engine coolant or S/C Intercooler? None of which should prevent them from troubleshooting anything whatsoever if they are full. If I were you, I would also reach out to DodgeCares above. If any dealer wants me to drive around with no coolant....that doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Which tank?? Gas, Engine coolant or S/C Intercooler? None of which should prevent them from troubleshooting anything whatsoever if they are full. If I were you, I would also reach out to DodgeCares above. If any dealer wants me to drive around with no coolant....that doesn't make sense.
The I/c coolant tank! And yes sir I said the same thing exactly but they pretty much told me to drive the car 500 miles since I had already filled it up myself but this was literally last week and it didn’t take 500 miles for the tank to run low again. Yeah I’m gonna definitely contact dodge if they don’t fix my vehicle this time. It’s my 3rd try with them and my patience is running really low at this point I feel like they are just giving me the runaround at this point.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
301 Posts
What Is the Cause of Code P0307?
(* = Most Common)
  • Faulty or worn spark plugs *
  • Faulty spark plug wires or coils *
  • Distributor failure *
  • Faulty fuel injector
  • Vacuum leak
  • Low fuel pressure
  • Camshaft sensor defective
  • Crankshaft sensor defective
  • Engine timing off
  • Leaking head gasket
  • Low engine compression
  • Poor quality fuel

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
667 Posts
Really?? They couldn’t just evacuate some fluid from the tank? Yes I would start getting Dodge involved right away. Sounds like they are just blowing you off. Do you have a different dealership nearby? Just the fact that the one time you went there and they said because the CEL wasn’t on they couldn’t check it would have made me run. The code doesn’t disappear. It’s still in the history. Run away...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
936 Posts
Really?? They couldn’t just evacuate some fluid from the tank? Yes I would start getting Dodge involved right away. Sounds like they are just blowing you off. Do you have a different dealership nearby? Just the fact that the one time you went there and they said because the CEL wasn’t on they couldn’t check it would have made me run. The code doesn’t disappear. It’s still in the history. Run away...
My thoughts too. Sounds like they don't trust the customer and they think he is lying about the tank level going low....yet...they now want the customer to trust them. That's why I said to at least get DodgeCares involved. Obviously if the tank level got low, it'll be a stored fault code. This dealer isn't getting it. Also agree I'd find another dealer if there's another one close by.

·
Registered
402 Posts
radiator in the supercharger I bet is leaking causing the P0307 code. IF IT'S the intercooler tank your filling not the engine

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
239 Posts
I had the exact same thing happen to my '16. The low pressure heat exchanger in the blower was leaking. Causing a misfire on the back 2 passenger side cylinders. I knew that's what it was going to be. It's not unheard of to happen, but it's not a common thing where it's a known issue or TSB.
I had a bad experience at my dealership on that issue. First they told me that there was a trouble code in the PCM and that's what was causing the issue. They cleared the code and told me to come pick the car up! I immediately explained to the guy on the phone that the trouble code gets set when there is something causing a problem not the other way around. They kept the car overnight and checked it again. The code came back, duh. They changed the plugs. I told them that the IC coolant tank kept getting lower. So, they changed the fuel injectors. o_O It kept throwing codes and stalling. They decided it needed a compression test. As they were doing the compression test it shot coolant out of one of the spark plug holes. They finally realized it was the heat exchanger and ordered the correct part. Good news, it's been fine for the last 30,000 miles. And I haven't gone back to that dealer.
So, don't be afraid to point out the obvious. No mechanic likes to be told how to do his job so be nice about it. The last mechanic at the dealership that actually pulled the blower lid and did the repair was very good and knowledgeable. It's the first one(s) that weren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
9 Posts
Does it miss or run rough for a little bit the first thing in the morning?

I replaced an engine about 2 years ago because the intercooler leaked coolant down the intake, when they tried to start the car in the morning, it hydro-locked and bent a rod. If I remember correctly, chrysler wanted me to pressure it up for a hour or 2, remove the spark plug and see if there is coolant on it, and bump the starter to see of any coolant comes out.

From what you have said, I'm 99% sure that you have a coolant leak from the intercooler into cylinder 7, causing your missfire.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2 Posts
The I/c coolant tank! And yes sir I said the same thing exactly but they pretty much told me to drive the car 500 miles since I had already filled it up myself but this was literally last week and it didn’t take 500 miles for the tank to run low again. Yeah I’m gonna definitely contact dodge if they don’t fix my vehicle this time. It’s my 3rd try with them and my patience is running really low at this point I feel like they are just giving me the runaround at this point.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2 Posts
Does it miss or run rough for a little bit the first thing in the morning?

I replaced an engine about 2 years ago because the intercooler leaked coolant down the intake, when they tried to start the car in the morning, it hydro-locked and bent a rod. If I remember correctly, chrysler wanted me to pressure it up for a hour or 2, remove the spark plug and see if there is coolant on it, and bump the starter to see of any coolant comes out.

From what you have said, I'm 99% sure that you have a coolant leak from the intercooler into cylinder 7, causing your missfire.
Sounds like the blower might be going out.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts