SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,084 Posts
I believe the factory uses a Pennzoil product, even has SRT on the bottle. Mobil is good also Royal Purple. My car has been sitting only 70 miles so far but I will check the oil soon thanks for the tip!

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,069 Posts
I believe the factory uses a Pennzoil product, even has SRT on the bottle. Mobil is good also Royal Purple. My car has been sitting only 70 miles so far but I will check the oil soon thanks for the tip!
FYI the Pennzoil can be hard to find. Mobil 1 is always readily available and use to be the mainstay of all SRTs. Royal Purple is overrated, I think RS will even agree.

Reactions: RoadwarriorCA

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
133 Posts
Of the few initial problems reported with Hellcats, oil consumption is the one that troubles me. I sure hope this problem goes away after break-in. I have experienced an auto manufacture claiming 1 quart every 1K miles is “normal.”

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
974 Posts
An observation, I checked my oil within a few minutes of shutting the engine off when I initially got the car. It was a quart low. Checked it again a couple hours later, it was 1/2 quart low. Checked the next morning, right on the money. Make me wonder what the drain paths back to the pan are through this monster.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,437 Posts
An observation, I checked my oil within a few minutes of shutting the engine off when I initially got the car. It was a quart low. Checked it again a couple hours later, it was 1/2 quart low. Checked the next morning, right on the money. Make me wonder what the drain paths back to the pan are through this monster.
People need to be cautious taking this into account.

· Premium Member
2018 Demon
154 Posts
My 14 SRT Jeep is the same.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10,951 Posts
I started my car today, first time in over two weeks,, and it ticked for a few seconds, mind you it's been in a heated garage, and hasn't gone below 48 degrees,,I hope it's normal

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
FYI the Pennzoil can be hard to find. Mobil 1 is always readily available and use to be the mainstay of all SRTs. Royal Purple is overrated, I think RS will even agree.
You can get a case 6 quarts on Amazon for $50. At least that's what it was. Pennzoil 0-40w platinum

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
I started my car today, first time in over two weeks,, and it ticked for a few seconds, mind you it's been in a heated garage, and hasn't gone below 48 degrees,,I hope it's normal
Yeah, the oil has quite a path to go and I think it just settles and needs a few to get everything lubed up again. :) My baby is still running like a greased pig with 50 kids chasing him! I feel like the more it breaks in the better it works.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,039 Posts
There is a post on here from either Challengerdad or HellCatdotClub that received technical data from the manufacturer of Royal Purple. Current recommendation is to not run Royal Purple until after 2000 miles has crossed.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
974 Posts
Reactions: 630
1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.