SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 3 of 71 Posts

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,039 Posts
I believe the factory uses a Pennzoil product, even has SRT on the bottle. Mobil is good also Royal Purple. My car has been sitting only 70 miles so far but I will check the oil soon thanks for the tip!
There is a post on here from either Challengerdad or HellCatdotClub that received technical data from the manufacturer of Royal Purple. Current recommendation is to not run Royal Purple until after 2000 miles has crossed.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,039 Posts
You want Penzoil "Ultra" Platunum

Sorry waiving b.s. flag ultra platinum wouldn't be factory fill if you couldn't use purple initially either, NOT that I endorse either over the other, or suggest switching from oem selection. 0 factual basis.
Ok, here are the links with the facts that I state, but you can go argue with HCDC and take it up with him. I was trying to be helpful so folks don't damage their cars.

MY HELLCAT HAS A CYLINDER MISFIRE AND IS IN THE SHOP Page 2 SRT Hellcat Forum

MY HELLCAT HAS A CYLINDER MISFIRE AND IS IN THE SHOP Page 2 SRT Hellcat Forum

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,039 Posts
Royal purple specifically admitted they don't have any testing data or oil applications made for the hellcat yet as of early December 2014. They said to give them a few more months at least to test and make one or more available. They do not suggest using any of their Oils yet and if anything they said anyone can try their non API licensed and API licensed 0w40 but no guarantees as of this time but if you do, hit 2,000 miles then do it. Just stating what the RP techs said at the office down here in Houston.
Thank you. I have a really good memory, my downfall is finding where the information was stated. Thanks for the back up.

1 - 3 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.