SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Vendor
Charger SRT Hellcat
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a Challenger HC 6sp build we just wrapped up. Going to dyno with it tomorrow morning to see what sorta noise we can make out out of this stock blower :)

Before doing any work to it we put it on the dyno to see what it would make. It put down 831whp with no changes made by us. It came in with a Metco 2.75 upper, Ati lower, K&N filter, Injector Dynamics ID1000s, BAP, cat delete, hhp q16 tune, DSS carbon shaft...

Here's what's we did on top of the existing mods that it came in with.

Demon/TKM Built Forged HellCat Engine
Custom Diamond Pistons
Custom Carrillo Rods
Custom Ring Sets
Custom Manton Pushrods
O-ringed Engine Block
Custom Demon Ported HellCat Heads with upgraded valvetrain components
Custom Demon Spec'd Blower Cam (temporary use until phase 2)
Metco 2.4 Upper
Our Custom Calibration (will be running Q16 for the time being until phase 2)
All the necessary electronics for monitoring/tuning

Then off to the races this weekend to see if what she'll do in the SlipStream 1/2 mile event in PA!!

Phase two will be out of this world...stay tuned!

Enjoy :)

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,170 Posts
I want this sound out of my Cat.

Reactions: DemonSkip

·
Vendor
Charger SRT Hellcat
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds like a winner, cant wait to see videos and further information. your rocket is getting much faster. be proud of it and nice mods
We'll be testing shortly :) We're as excited as the customer is, this kitty is wild!

I want this sound out of my Cat.
We'd be glad to make it happen for ya!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,925 Posts
Skip
If possible to dyno on the tune in the car to see any changes in just the engine change, aslo I would think compression picked up?

·
Vendor
Charger SRT Hellcat
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TC, the engine change maintains the same compression more or less so if there are any power changes from just the shortblock swap, its probably minimal if any. The tune that was in it would not fire with this head/cam combination on top of our built shortblock. The tune it came in with was pretty aggressive with timing and afr and that's not a risk we'd be willing to take with any motor, not to mention a stock motor.

The purpose of the shortblock change isn't to make more power on the current blower, it's mostly in preperation for round 2 of this build in the near future. If it does pick up a good bit of power then that would be a great byproduct of our work. The cam and heads will surely help in the hp hunt though.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,925 Posts
Interesting as the stuff from Dave does nothing, in fact just herd a sawp back to the stock hellcat cam picked up 50 hp .

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,925 Posts
i'm glad you pointed that out Skip, seems a few are relabling the bad products, I hope to see dyno and track runs shortly.
TC

·
Vendor
Charger SRT Hellcat
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tc, we use own stuff these days. We've tried many combinations provided by many vendors and we know works and what doesn't. We stick to what's been proven. We're constantly innovating and testing the unknowns to provide new options for the community.

We'll post our testing results here this afternoon once we wrap up the tuning.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,925 Posts
You guys are a hell of a lot faster than the guys in Houston at tuning,never saw a week long tune before,lol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
953 Posts
Love me some chop chop!

Subscribed.

Reactions: DemonSkip

·
Vendor
Charger SRT Hellcat
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Almost done for the day on the rollers ladies and gents. The results are close to what we expected them to be :) I'll be posting data and full before and after technical comparison information here shortly.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts