SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Proud Hell Cat Club Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, has anyone cleaned the dash board of your Hell Cat yet? It a very tacky and rubbery material and I'm afraid to use anything except soap and water. If there a a product that works best, please let us know. Thanks in advance!

Hell Cat Smud

Reactions: blaze

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,198 Posts
California makes a small hand mitt type duster that works well on other dashes. I have not tried on the Hellcat yet but it should work. Nice thing is no chemicals.

·
SRT Hellcat Enthusiast/Owner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,910 Posts
Just use a damp rag with a touch of warm water on it. There is no need to use soap.

Reactions: rfinglet

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
362 Posts
A California Dash duster is all I need.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
786 Posts
Adams makes some great leather/vinyl/rubber cleaner and conditioner. I use Adams leather conditioner on the dash (as it is safe for vinyl and rubber) because it is not shiny (which gives you that annoying glare on the windshield) and it offers SPF protection. Works great.

·
Tri-State Overlord
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,274 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't just soap and water it. There is no protection from the sun that way. Adam's interior cleaner or Megiuars VLR to at-least offer a non-grease/shine protection.

VLR also makes the interior smell like new car every time.

·
Tri-State Overlord
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,274 Posts
Best protection from the sun is a garage. I am always skeptical of long term effects of chemicals. Were theirs tested for 5-10-20 years? Doubtful.
Interior cleaners used by detailers are just cleaners. They don't penetrate or do anything to the leather or plastic/rubber/vinyl. Adams and VLR have been out for over 5 years now. There is no worry about chemicals affecting the dash from those two products.

If professional detailers use them, they are safe.

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,343 Posts
I use Jax Wax or Mother's interior cleaner/conditioner on mine. Looks awesome.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
As with any cosmetic type product, always try a small test area first! There have been reports in the past about Challenger dash pads turning a frosty grey - white color after the wrong product was used. I think the owners manual just recommends wiping with a moist lint free towel. Maybe there's a reason behind that? :cool:

Reactions: He'll Cat Smud

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
71 Posts
I use the 303 Aerospace on my Hellcat and on my Ram Sport which has a stitched dash. Both look like new and don't attract lint or dust nearly as much anymore.

·
Proud Hell Cat Club Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Excellent Feedback! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
653 Posts
I use Mothers VLR (Vinyl/Leather/Rubber) cleaner. It cleans well and leaves no shine or build-up...Smells good as well.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,198 Posts
Chemicals, chemicals? I just don't get it? Buy a California Dash duster once and it works. Use it on a regular basis and chemicals will rarely need to be used. Corvette concours guys for years have been practicing something called low impact cleaning. No this is not a Corvette site comments please. They have figured out a few things after all these years anyway. Chemicals and rubbing over time will change the color and texture of anything they are used on. I have seen it happen in the 40 years I have been messing with cars. Why expose yourself and your car to anymore chemicals than necessary? Your choice of course.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts