SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Clutch Recommendations M6

1868 30
I recently purchased a new monster clutch triple disc and definitely regret it. Tranny got pulled out 4 times and never got to work. There was horrible chatter and gears were not going in. Customer service was pain, they blamed the installer and it was just a back and forth thing. Long story short I got offered from them to buy the clutch kit back for only $989.99 when Initially paid 2K for it. I’ve heard other people having same issues with different clutch kits where gears don’t go in. I would highly appreciate recommendations from what you guys have on your m6s cats. I don’t have an exact # on my HP but I have Upper pulley 2.85, fic1000 inj, jlt intake, catless, tune
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
I used a McLeod RXT1200HD on a RAM aluminum flywheel using the stock throw out bearing. Works perfect, pedal effort same as stock, shifts butter smooth, holding 950 wheel without issue, only negative is it will shudder upon start off if you don’t get the release and rpm just right but now that if gotten my off idle stumble issue from using a bigger TB solved I have zero complaints with it. Word to note, I did use a Quick Time steel bell with a massaged Tranzilla trans. I think the much more ridged then stock steel bell helps with high rpm high torque shifting by keeping the trans centered better under load then the stock flimsy aluminum one but if I had to replace a clutch again I’d use this same setup no doubt. I like it
Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Hood
Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Car
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle brake
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Bicycle part
Automotive tire Wood Rim Automotive wheel system Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Product Motor vehicle Tire Alloy wheel

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used a McLeod RXT1200HD on a RAM aluminum flywheel using the stock throw out bearing. Works perfect, pedal effort same as stock, shifts butter smooth, holding 950 wheel without issue, only negative is it will shudder upon start off if you don’t get the release and rpm just right but now that if gotten my off idle stumble issue from using a bigger TB solved I have zero complaints with it. Word to note, I did use a Quick Time steel bell with a massaged Tranzilla trans. I think the much more ridged then stock steel bell helps with high rpm high torque shifting by keeping the trans centered better under load then the stock flimsy aluminum one but if I had to replace a clutch again I’d use this same setup no doubt. I like it
View attachment 585651 View attachment 585652 View attachment 585653 View attachment 585654 View attachment 585655 View attachment 585656 View attachment 585657
Nice setup, I have read a lot of people go with mcleod I’ve seen it on bwoody performance going for 1995$. I’ve heard it’s bang for the buck.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Nice setup, I have read a lot of people go with mcleod I’ve seen it on bwoody performance going for 1995$. I’ve heard it’s bang for the buck.
I bought mine barely used with the RAM fly wheel and bell for 700. I also have a stock new take off with fly wheel for 300. I’d be using it next before I’d lay out 2k for a clutch. My first stock clutch lived for 15,000 hard miles, stock HC clutches arent junk, they work to 850 wheel no problem. Keep your eyes open for used ones, they can be found from time to time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the McLeod RXT 1200 and really didn’t care for its street manners. I switched to a monster triple disc and love it. Sorry to hear you had trouble with yours.
Yeah I was excited to have bought my triple disk but I think it was just a very defective one from monster. There’s no specific reason why you switched over to monster ?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
150 Posts
My McLeod chattered bad under “normal” driving conditions. Car went from a car I would toss the keys to anyone who could drive stick because it was just an easy and fun to drive car … to a car that chattered embarrassingly unless you took off at X rpm. The nail in the coffin for me though on it was when I killed it in one track day … made 12 ish runs. 3 hot lapped then cool for while then repeat. My car was stock HP at the time

I don’t like the McLeod but I have friends who love them and they work good for them. Personally I was disappointed. It’s a very popular clutch though so it can’t be all bad.
The game of choosing a hellcat clutch is an expensive one !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My McLeod chattered bad under “normal” driving conditions. Car went from a car I would toss the keys to anyone who could drive stick because it was just an easy and fun to drive car … to a car that chattered embarrassingly unless you took off at X rpm. The nail in the coffin for me though on it was when I killed it in one track day … made 12 ish runs. 3 hot lapped then cool for while then repeat. My car was stock HP at the time

I don’t like the McLeod but I have friends who love them and they work good for them. Personally I was disappointed. It’s a very popular clutch though so it can’t be all bad.
The game of choosing a hellcat clutch is an expensive one !
I see man and I also had chatter on the triple disk but I am seeing that rxt1200 has chatter. It can get annoying specially for the prices these clutches have.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
94 Posts
I'm on my 2nd McLeod RTX 1200 and won't be going on to a 3rd. Done with them. Had mine rebuilt by them and upgraded .....$600 plus shipping 😳. I'm around 900+ to the wheel and had it slipping for most of 1st gear at the track with 305 /18 M/T drag radials. Would also chatter during street driving. Only made 12 passes over 2 trips to my track when the slipping started. I have a commercial drivers licence and a 2007 1800cc motorcycle with original clutch since new. Drag raced a stick car for years and only replaced clutch as year maintenance. I now have a new Mantic triple disc and aluminium flywheel to install over the off season. Car ran a best of 10.13 @ 140.55. Slipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm on my 2nd McLeod RTX 1200 and won't be going on to a 3rd. Done with them. Had mine rebuilt by them and upgraded .....$600 plus shipping 😳. I'm around 900+ to the wheel and had it slipping for most of 1st gear at the track with 305 /18 M/T drag radials. Would also chatter during street driving. Only made 12 passes over 2 trips to my track when the slipping started. I have a commercial drivers licence and a 2007 1800cc motorcycle with original clutch since new. Drag raced a stick car for years and only replaced clutch as year maintenance. I now have a new Mantic triple disc and aluminium flywheel to install over the off season. Car ran a best of 10.13 @ 140.55. Slipping.
What have you heard about mantic clutches ? My installer had recommended me this brand also.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
150 Posts
I’m not sure where you are located but if you are anywhere near Nashville Tennessee you are welcome to drive my car and see if you like how it feels. I would’ve loved to have the opportunity to put a couple of miles on cars with different clutches before I spent a bunch of money. I know you are having trouble with your monster clutch right now… But holy cow I love mine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’m not sure where you are located but if you are anywhere near Nashville Tennessee you are welcome to drive my car and see if you like how it feels. I would’ve loved to have the opportunity to put a couple of miles on cars with different clutches before I spent a bunch of money. I know you are having trouble with your monster clutch right now… But holy cow I love mine.
I’m located in California. That’d be awesome though. I really want to see my options. Monster clutches do amazing with GM .

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,410 Posts
Research Spec. No Hellcats out there with it with reviews. Other clutches werent for my application. I ordered one but havent installed it yet.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Watch Watch accessory Composite material Rim Clock

Azure Door Aqua Automotive tire Clock

Reactions: SRTALEX

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,410 Posts
^ Scheduled build for Feb 14.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts