SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Popped this code for the first time yesterday and don't know why. From what I read it seems possibly exhaust leak related, bad cats, or bad o2. Only mods are an intake and mfer. I am out of warranty.

I haven't don't the cat recall yet and was wondering 2 things. First are all the o2 sensors replaced? Second, do they take the whole exhaust off or just the cat portion?

Just wanted to see what I could check off my list with getting that done.

Thanks

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,403 Posts
Hey guys! Popped this code for the first time yesterday and don't know why. From what I read it seems possibly exhaust leak related, bad cats, or bad o2. Only mods are an intake and mfer. I am out of warranty.

I haven't don't the cat recall yet and was wondering 2 things. First are all the o2 sensors replaced? Second, do they take the whole exhaust off or just the cat portion?

Just wanted to see what I could check off my list with getting that done.

Thanks
The downstream fuel trim lean, bank 2. This means too much oxygen is in the exhaust gas stream coming out of the converter.

Possible faults:
Defective converter (these are warrantied for 8 years, 80K miles IIRC)
Contaminated O2 sensor
Exhaust leak
O2 sensor circuit shorted (or wire broken)
O2 sensor connection bad
Faulty heated O2 sensor

Have no experience with what transpires when the Hellcat converter recall is done.

My advice would be if the 8 year, 80K mile emissions warranty is in effect to determine if the converter is bad and if so get it replaced under warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts