SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

looking for some advice on my ‘16 HC Charger.

I had the car tuned on E85 and upgraded to FIC1200 injectors last August. Ever since, my car has had issues turning over on a cold start. I am located near Cleveland, OH and we were still in warmer temps at this time (60-75F).

At first, it would have this issue if it had been more than a couple days without driving. Switching stations to Speedway from Sheetz prolonged this time to at least a week, so now I fill only using Speedway E85.

Once the weather turned cold, I didn’t really drive the car, maybe started it up every couple weeks. Car still had the issue but sometimes it didn’t and it was fine.

I recently had twin fuel pumps installed, and now it is worse than ever. We’ve had some 40F+ days now so I’ve been starting it up more often, and it’s having the issue on nearly every cold start now and it takes multiple attempts to get it started.

The car runs and drives perfectly fine once it turns over. and it never has this issue if the car has been started previously that day, but it’s rather annoying and embarrassing to have this issue on every cold start. Never get to hear a cold start like it should be anymore lol.

My tuner has tried turning my RPMs up a little (around 1.75k) on startup and it helped a little but did not solve the problem.

If anyone has any advice on how I may be able to fix this, that would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,464 Posts
Check with your tuner, an adjustment might need to be made to your cold start fueling. That being said, E85 is harder to ignite especially when its cold so its not uncommon for the car take a half second longer to start than usual on 93 octane.

Who is your tuner?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,380 Posts
My info is ethanol content of E85 varies from 51% to 83%. Less ethanol on cold weather, more in hot weather.

If you have E85 with a high (summer) ratio of ethanol in it in the fuel tank and if the temperature is no longer summer warm hard starting is to be expected.

You need to run the fuel tank level down and fuel up with the what would have to be a winter "blend" of E85. Or possibly add some 91/93 gasoline to the tank to dilute the ethanol content some.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts