SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Michigan! I’m Kevin :)
So the other day I thought about pulling the trigger on a used 2019 Hellcat Charger With 54k, when I ran into a $30,000 problem.I called every insurance company and got quoted $750+ A MONTH FOR LIABILITY ONLY EVERYTHING AT MINIMUM !!! So I did the math over 3 years and came up with close to $30,000 for Insurance alone. Mind you I have a bad driving record, Everything from careless in my shaker to reckless on my R1. My drivers license hangs by a thread honestly. So I was curious as to how much insurance would be for a v6 Charger and so I called and got a quote of ONLY $200 A MONTH on a sxt. That’s over $20,000+ Difference over 3 years ( see where I’m going with this). So the solution came to me , buy the hellcat and swap everything over to a v6 body and pay SXT insurance on HellCat and save over $50,000 over 5 years. And that’s what I did :) I found a clean title 2015 SXT charger same color with a bad engine for $7000 and bought it knowing I can still sell $4000 worth of parts from it easily and basically be left with a $3000 clean title shell. I went back to the dealer and purchased the Hellcat in full and had it towed to my house where I completely took it apart in 2 days. I am aware that I will only be compensated for a sxt if anything does happen but it’s a risk I’m willing to take. I will attach pictures of both cars. Now for the reason why I’m really here, I like the stage 1 kits available but can’t seem to figure how to go about having it done since I want to do all the installation myself and only need help with the tuning portion. Can you please provide me with each single component needed for the completion of stage 1 kit and also tell me how to get it tuned without having to drive or tow it 8-12 hours.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,602 Posts
Man I'm glad I'm old for once after reading this lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
WTF.....

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I’m thinking of selling the Hellcat shell on eBay With a fully paid off clean title
That's a brilliant idea. I think you can get more than 3k for it, though.
No doubt someone would be willing to leap on that and make their own Hellcat from parts.
OR keep it and in case of any accident where your car is written off, you can take the payout, transfer parts over, and have or sell a complete Hellcat.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
308 Posts
So $20,000 for Hellcat insurance savings over three years compared to probably $30,000+ worth of instant Hellcat depreciation. Partially offset with some selling of old Hellcat body and other parts. You better keep that car for a long time or your savings scenario may not work out.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Did you checked with a lawyer before that move? Also, did you checked with a lawyer before posting that story in a public website? It would be ironic thinking yourself to be so smart and then finding out you were not by posting here.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,571 Posts
I find these schemes designed to beat the system often times back fire causing more problems than anticipated. Kudos to your enthusiasm though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I find these schemes designed to beat the system often times back fire causing more problems than anticipated. Kudos to your enthusiasm though.
I outright purchased both vehicles in full and have clean and clear titles to both cars in my name. I see this as a Hellcat swapped SXT. At the end of the day it’s still a SXT registered with the state as a SXT and will only be legally insured as a SXT. Nothing illegal or schemed in my opinion.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
510 Posts
Well at least we know it isn't a VIN swap. Many people don't disclose certain things about their cars to insurance companies for a variety of reasons - let's not get all holier than thou here.

Hot rodding is hot rodding.

·
Registered
121 Posts
In your opinion? So you never checked? You even posted images of the process here. I hope for your sake you opinion is correct. If not insurance is going to have fun going after you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I plan
In your opinion? So you never checked? You even posted images of the process here. I hope for your sake you opinion is correct. If not insurance is going to have fun going after you.
No I haven’t checked. I will take your advice and contact my attorney and see his opinion.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well at least we know it isn't a VIN swap. Many people don't disclose certain things about their cars to insurance companies for a variety of reasons - let's not get all holier than thou here.

Hot rodding is hot rodding.
Not holier than anyone. Remember, if this is not legal, these schemes are the reason why insurance fees get higher everyday. I hope is legal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So $20,000 for Hellcat insurance savings over three years compared to probably $30,000+ worth of instant Hellcat depreciation. Partially offset with some selling of old Hellcat body and other parts. You better keep that car for a long time or your savings scenario may not work out.
I plan on keeping the car for at least 6 years, I’ll hold on to the original hellcat body and swap it over in the future if need be.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,602 Posts
Not sure what the issue is. If he chooses to mod his car to the hilt and not disclose it to the insurance co, he just forfeits coverage on anything that isnt stock. Then his rates go up. Is it premeditated? Yeah. But will it affect everyone else‘s rates if he totals the car? I dont think so because he can only collect the value of a base model car anyway.
For once I agree with Motorheadmike lol.

·
Registered
221 Posts
It does seem like an awful lot of hard work to beat the system man...Then God forbid you get another big “points loss/high dollar” ticket because of the same consistent driving behavior (which is a probability at this point) and caused all of this in the first place. Then the whole plan was in vain, and you have a parted out hellcat that isn’t worth a third what you paid, and can’t drive, only to add to the misery of it all. I wish you well and hope you don’t get in a pickle however. Does sound like a backfire situation in the making. My advice to you is cool out for a few years and quit being so reckless before it cost you more than a whole lot of money and time.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts