SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm hoping some people with experience with halos and demon eyes for the Challenger can help me out. I'm looking for halos for my 2016 Challenger Hellcat. One, there seems to be a bunch of companies out there with halos and demon eyes, so I'm not sure which to go with. So far the ones that I've seen that seem to be highly rated is Diode Dynamics and Oracle. So, I'm considering those. However, here are other questions. One, if you install halos and demon eyes, does that remove the functionality of your normal turn signals and/or running lights up front? I can't seem to find any info on that.

Also, if you get both the halos and demon eyes, do you have to buy separate RGBW controllers for each one? Or can you run them all off of one controller? Again, doesn't seem to be any info about that. All I see is when you purchase them, each have to have their own separate controller. I was considering also getting the front grille and rear spoiler RGBW emblems. So does that mean I'd have to have four darn controllers in my car anytime I'd want to use these?

I have done a search, but all the search comes up as is people have them, but no real info about the halos and demon eyes themselves. It's also my understanding that you basically have to remove the entire front end/clip of the Challenger to pull the lights out, break them open, install the halos/demon eyes, reseal them and reinstall. Is this correct?

Also, do the demon eyes remove any of the HID headlight functionality? In other words, do my lights work normal, along with the brights? I really like the look of the demon eyes and the halos, but I don't want to lose any functionality of the headlights and turn signals if I install these. Do the turn signals still blink amber even if halos are installed? Do the demon eyes turn off or something when the headlights go on or would my headlights have a color tint to them if the demon eyes are on?

Sorry for the trillions of questions, but I don't want to go through all of this work of installing them and find out they don't work as anticipated or I lose functionality of my basic lighting. :( I also don't want to get some cheap Amazon stuff that will burn out in 6 months or not work properly. So, any suggestions on the brand to get would also be appreciated.

Thanks for reading!
Mat

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,353 Posts
Diode Dynamics makes one. Be sure to get them for the Hellcat, not the challenger. They are different. You will have to remove the front cay to replace them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Link - Thanks...I did look up Diode Dynamics and Oracle Lighting. I didn't see anything specific regarding the Hellcat for Diode's halos. They only list the Challenger, but I will check their site again as I was just about to order. Unfortunately it looks like they are backed up for about a month, but it is what it is. I was going to order the demon eyes, halos, two bluetooth controllers (one for the halos and one for the demon eyes) and the butyl strip to put the lights back together.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,353 Posts
call them to be sure your gettingn the right one. I think DD listed it as Dodge Demon, no mention of Hellcat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts