SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into my next vehicle. Would really like to get a new Hellcat. I live in New Jersey so not sure how it would be in the snow and the rain, and if having a manual will make it more difficult? Also my insurance company told me my insurance would be almost $650 a month even with a $2,500 ded. This is probably because I am only 20 but I can swing the $650 until they renew my policy in a few months. If I decide to get it, I am paying half cash and half finance. Tied between two right now, B5 Blue with black hood, or White with black hood. My girlfriend also thinks I'm looking at a truck, not sure how to approach that if I show up with a hellcat. Any info to help me along the way would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Better to ask for forgiveness than permission. Now if that was your wife it would be the other way around.

·
Premium Member
12,291 Posts
B5 Blue!

·
Registered
17 Posts
$650 a month? That's probably most of your monthly payment. I'd advise you spend a fair amount of time obtaining quotes from other insurance companies. 19 here and got my car when I was 18; I pay ~$265/mo (Canadian dollars) w/ full value new vehicle replacement and I have a speeding ticket on record (20km/h over limit, mind you). The car is in my name. Before someone calls me out for my parents purchasing the car- no; they haven't pitched in a dime, nor anyone but myself for that matter.

Not sure if they use much salt on the roads down there as they do up here in Ottawa, ON, but I'd never even consider driving the car in that crap.

·
Registered
722 Posts
That insurance payment is total BS...shop around. I drive mine in all weather and it's a manual. Just buy a dedicated winter wheel and tire setup and don't drive like an a$$ and you'll be good.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
IMO your Girlfriend should NOT be a factor in your decision.
Get more insurance quotes. that one is crazy.
Cat does fine in rain but Id never drive it in snow.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Welcome to the forum from VA.

Daily driver here in VA so we see much of the same weather along with the salt, brine, and sand. Takes a little extra care but I prefer to drive mine (28k miles from July 2015). Good all-season tires (CONTI DWS-06) and a little common sense go a long way!

I think it's time to go insurance shopping before Hellcat shopping. Clear up that mess and a Hellcat is easy to find. Don't be afraid to go out of your area to find one. Too many out there to just look locally.

Good luck with the first search, the second will be easier and rewarding!

PS: ROCK THE RED

1 - 8 of 8 Posts