SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Considering selling my cat for a redeye

5K views 48 replies 24 participants last post by  786Kitty 
#1 ·
So I recently purchased a cat about a month ago. Paid MSRP. but from what I'm seeing I may be able to get a little more then what I paid for it. So I'm considering selling the hellcat taking a little extra money that I got and putting it into a redeye. Has anyone had Success in doing this

#2 ·
I did the same thing thing year. Went from a 2019 Cat to a 2021 red-eye, same exact build +3.09 gears.

I paid 56k otd for my 2019 and traded it in for 1k less than the new 2021 Red-eye cost so was a no brained for me.

There are a few things to consider though the 2022s cost more and the rebate is half what it was last year, if you sell it outright your going to take a big hit on taxes vs trade in.

But the move from a Cat to a red-eye is definitely worth it if you plan to race the car, upgrades are definitely track oriented, if it's just a toy to be driven once in awhile not so much.

#3 ·
I think its worth it cost difference between a 21 and 22 isn't much more. A 22 Redeye is only $1300 more base MSRP than a 21. The 2k incentive is pretty crap anyways most people rather take the 0% financing for 72 months which is great free financing. There a 3 vendors on this form as well that can factory order you a car 5% below invoice cost which is roughly about an 8% discount off sticker. Im about to pull he trigger on ordering a 22 redeye through one of them.

Redeye vs hellcat is a very big difference IMO worth the 8.5k and it's not just power figures. Its a stronger motor, bigger supercharger, SRT chiller, I think stronger tranny (I could be wrong), different fueling system, and some other goodies I can't remember off top of my head.

If you can do the jump it's worth it but if you are content with what you have the saying goes "don't fix something that isn't broken" a normal hellcat is bonkers as it is and lets be honest 99% of people dont know what a redeye is most people just go "OOOOO LOOK HELLCAT"😂.

#15 ·
I think its worth it cost difference between a 21 and 22 isn't much more. A 22 Redeye is only $1300 more base MSRP than a 21. The 2k incentive is pretty crap anyways most people rather take the 0% financing for 72 months which is great free financing. There a 3 vendors on this form as well that can factory order you a car 5% below invoice cost which is roughly about an 8% discount off sticker. Im about to pull he trigger on ordering a 22 redeye through one of them.

Redeye vs hellcat is a very big difference IMO worth the 8.5k and it's not just power figures. Its a stronger motor, bigger supercharger, SRT chiller, I think stronger tranny (I could be wrong), different fueling system, and some other goodies I can't remember off top of my head.

If you can do the jump it's worth it but if you are content with what you have the saying goes "don't fix something that isn't broken" a normal hellcat is bonkers as it is and lets be honest 99% of people dont know what a redeye is most people just go "OOOOO LOOK HELLCAT"[emoji23].
Is Chrysler still offering 0% financing? I've been searching but haven't found anything on their site for some reason.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Yeah I have a 21 charger hellcat about 3500 miles on it I checked today and I owe about 56k on it as of today. I did get a 0.9% interest rate when I got the car mostly because of my down payment. I would honestly like to get into a redeye and maintain my current monthly payment lol. Not sure if that's possible but if it is then I would jump on it. I really don't mind waiting for the car honestly. I do have a daily I use so I mean for a red eye if wait. But Im kind of also wanting to wait to see what else dodge does in these next 24 months because they are still going to release two more "final edition" types before the hellcat goes away forever so I'd like to see what that is. I don't know. I do want to get a redeye just because of its pedigree lol being the bottom end and all from a demon etc.

#14 ·
And a special more expensive halo swan song edition will be even further out there…

#11 ·
The real problem is that you are living on the margin. If you paid cash for your current car, and could flip it at a profit, then order a 22 RE significantly under MSRP, it would be a no brainer. When you are shackled, it gets much more difficult to take advantage of an opportunity. The NASDAQ dropped over 400 yesterday, great opportunity, but only if you are positioned to jump on it.

This may sound unhelpful, but the issue is your situation. Maybe you should be happy that you got a HC while they were still affordable and now you can concentrate on positioning yourself for opportunities that will come in the future. You have the HC! Be happy!

#13 ·
Make sure you contact Craig Benner at Koon's to get the pricing. Info is in this thread.

#19 ·
Supplier=invoice?

#26 ·
i did but had my hellcat for 5 years. msrp 1 month ago, i highly doubt you'll make out with this trade but if it's what you want take the loss and go for it.

#28 ·
This may or may not help, but here goes. I leased a 2020 Hellcat Daytona March of 2020 with 1500 down. I sold the car to a dealer in August 2021 for more than I leased it for. As you only pay tax on each payment, I had not already paid tax on an 80K car. Because I had been making lease payments, my payoff was well under what I paid for it. My walk away profit was 17K. Basically, I drove it for free and the car was a savings account for me. I rolled that over into a 2021 Redeye.

#31 ·
Dont make me pull over and come back there you two…

#38 · (Edited)
Not always. If your committing to keeping it long term, when there is 0 percent financing, leasing is not a good financial move. Nobody has 0% leases.

#40 ·
Personally I don't know anyone who thinks going into debt over a frivolous purchase is a good idea, sorry. Wealthy people often pay cash for items simply because they don't want to disclose financial information to pinheads that can't afford a Kia.

Just paid off the mortgage, though it was only 2.75% and the investments are paying about 20%, it is just not worth the trouble dealing with the mortgage company and waiting an hour on hold every time they misapply a payment, then talking to someone who doesn't understand how to calculate interest, and calling back 2 weeks later because it is still screwed up! F that, I'm done with loans forever! It's called FREEDOM!

#41 ·
why have a payment on a hellcat? because its the only way most of us could afford one. If you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth congrats. I wasnt. I worked hard all my life. Had car payments since 1972 when i bought my 340 duster. Ive had house payments up to 10 years ago. With that train of thought why buy a 200k house when you can live in a trailer park paying cash and not have a house payment. Dont think anyone really NEEDS a 2 or 300k house. I think more like this. I could afford to pay a 1200 dollar or even a 2000 dollar payment or i could live without and save for four years and in that time i might just die or die soon after i bought it. Lifes to short. Id like to know what would be smarter for me at 65. Buy the car now and drive it and admire it or put my money in a savings account make nothing and admire my banks web page or put it into stocks where you might make a few bucks but just as likely loose it all. Me? Ill take my money each month and have fun. Ive got a 21 foot boston whaler 2 yamaha 4 wheelers a polaris rzr and two artic cat snowmobiles and a harley. All bought with loans. Ive had MANY hours of fun with them. If things go right in the next year im going to buy a hellcat (on payments) I could even cut those payments some by selling my srt but its payed for now so ill probably keep it. Dont need to justify it to anyone or justify taking a loan out that i can afford to pay. Cant spend it in heaven! Ive got a buddy who plays golf. Sometihng i have absolutely no interest in. He shakes his head at me buying a sports car or new truck. I live in a 150k house he lives in a 350k house. I have a challenger, wrangler a ram and and all the other toys i mentioned. He has a mini van and a 12 foot fishing boat!! I shake my head when he can justify a grand for one flipping golf club. But then i dont judge because its what makes him smile and thats what lifes all about. With that mini van he needs every oportunity to smile he gets!! heck he pays as much in property tax as my house payment was.

#45 ·
If you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth congrats.
No silver spoons here, I drove a lot of crappy cars for a very long time, ever hear of a Vega or Dodge Diplomat station wagon? I don't have any 4 Wheelers, MC's, boats, snowmobiles, etc... Don't eat out much, no fancy vacations, the HC is my first High Performance car.

I made a simple and correct statement:

Personally I don't know anyone who thinks going into debt over a frivolous purchase is a good idea, sorry.

Nothing there says anyone should not do it, if it makes you happy, then is just might be the best thing for you. I certainly understand the lure of the HC. :)

#42 ·
Had more than one mortgage. Never had a payment “misapplied”.

#43 ·
I didn't think I would need to explain but... In May I mailed in a check for $5k clearly marked "Principal Only". They took $2500 and used it as my June payment. Then on June 1 they took the autopay and used it for my Aug payment! They were taking interest that had not yet accrued!!! It took over an hour to get them to realize it and asked to stop the autopay 1 month to let it catch up. 2 mo later they didn't restart the autppay and I receive a delinquent notice with penalty charges! F that! I tried to pay off the balance of the loan in full and whey kept screwing up payments and interest for the next 2 months, spent maybe 6 hours on the phone. Just received the check reimbursing all the overcharges. DONE!

Financial institutions seem to have their customer service depts run buy the same people in health insu co's.

BTW: I check every charge on my cc statement and match it with every receipt every month, as well as check every bank and health insu statement and every bill. I imagine many people just pay everything and never know if they are being overcharged. If you are going to throw around $80k on a car, it would be a good idea to keep good track of your finances. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.