SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I just re did the build with Laguna seats and no technology group. 5k less even with the over priced spoiler. Now, I see the difference in the spoilers, I do like the performance spoiler so I am going to leave it in.

Robert

·
Registered
230 Posts
I like the performance spoiler but not at the price. I left that off my options list and going to buy one for $470 swap them and maybe sell the other spoiler for $200 so that will bring your total cost down to $270 for the performance one or less if you get more for the stocker.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
665 Posts
Now, I see the difference in the spoilers, I do like the performance spoiler so I am going to leave it in.

Robert
I felt the same way... it is overpriced as already stated.... but it just looks BETTER...

And why screw with tearing it off or worrying about it when it can just come that way :D

Each their own of course.... but I'd just prefer to order it that way... (thankfully mine came with it)

·
Registered
4 Posts
2021 Super Stock
Granite
Black interior
Performance spoiler
Alcantara/Nappa Leather Seat with Hellcat Logo
Uconnect 4C Nav with 8.4 display
Harmon Kardon audio with subwoofer
Plus package
Driver Convenience group
Technology group

Robert
Are you planning on dragging it? I think that it's advised to buy the Redeye Widebody if you plan on doing more street driving than track driving. The tires that come with the superstock are trash for roads anyways. I'm not trying to shit on your build, I just want you to be aware that people who have driven both prefer the Redeye Widebody to the Super Stock on the road. I can tell you I prefer the laguna leather. I had the Alcantra at one time, and wasn't a big fan of the suede. The HK system is a must. I wouldn't get the performance spoiler either, it's $1000! Absolute craziness and it almost looks like the stock one.

Oh I almost forgot: Get them red belts. You can thank me later.
I have my super stock it’s a 2020 I got to from koons a little pricey but it’s a very nice cari had a 2015 hellcat it was nice but you could burn the tires off of it this new one comes out of the hole really well I’m very happy with it Rick

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,114 Posts
I felt the same way... it is overpriced as already stated.... but it just looks BETTER...

And why screw with tearing it off or worrying about it when it can just come that way :D

Each their own of course.... but I'd just prefer to order it that way... (thankfully mine came with it)
Agreed. Overpriced? Yes. But is it really worth the hassle of removing with fishing wire and trying not to scuff things up and installing a new one just to save a couple of hundred bucks? For some maybe but not me lol. Getting lazy in my old age I guess.

Reactions: Mattm400

·
Registered
665 Posts
Agreed. Overpriced? Yes. But is it really worth the hassle of removing with fishing wire and trying not to scuff things up and installing a new one just to save a couple of hundred bucks? For some maybe but not me lol. Getting lazy in my old age I guess.
EXACTLY!!! That was my point too... I just didn't want to make it come across like doing it the other way was bad either. :D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
106 Posts
2021 Super Stock
Granite
Black interior
Performance spoiler
Alcantara/Nappa Leather Seat with Hellcat Logo
Uconnect 4C Nav with 8.4 display
Harmon Kardon audio with subwoofer
Plus package
Driver Convenience group
Technology group

Robert
When I ordered my 2020 Widebody RE I got the hood pins and stripes. Also you don't need the NAV the car has Apple Car Play and you can use your phone for NAV. Good luck.

·
Registered
230 Posts
My thoughts are Dodge is already banging you for a spoiler then double dipping the performance spoiler with not only no credit for the standard but tack on another $1k! It is a little inconvenient swapping them but for me it’s worth it. I gave them enough for the car they are not getting more!

·
Registered
665 Posts
My thoughts are Dodge is already banging you for a spoiler then double dipping the performance spoiler with not only no credit for the standard but tack on another $1k! It is a little inconvenient swapping them but for me it’s worth it. I gave them enough for the car they are not getting more!
Not mad at you one bit... I did the same on my Grand Prix years ago....It's all a matter of what you view as right. For me, I found a car with it on it, and still managed to pay less than MSRP... so I'm good with it :D

·
Registered
402 Posts
didn't know where to put this but I guess as good a thread as any...my local dealer had a guy back out of an order..If anyone is interested..I have no affiliation other than trying to help anyone since the current chip shortage has jacked up things and this is a real car on the ground...Jack Cohen is my salesman 888-459-2493 motorworld Chrysler Ram Dodge

Attachments

·
Registered
‘21 SRT SUPER STOCK
1,303 Posts
Your last sentence seems to be the general consensus and as it happens law

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
1,121 Posts
A note on the SS tires. I know the OP wants to use it as a romp around car... all well and good. Just keep in mind that on the street, drag radials are a performance negative. In almost every respect. Worse traction (due to not being heated up), road FOD sticks to them, further reducing traction, they don't corner well at all, wet driving... bad. Cold climates (under 60F or so), bad.

But, the worst is that if you don't have splash guards installed, it will be no time flat before you have pitting in your wheel flares and quarter panels from all the pebbles and what-not the DRs kick back.

My recommendation is to get a 2nd set of tires for the street and reserve the DRs for the track. Streeting DRs will compromise them and reduce their track performance. If you never plan to track it, I would sell them. This is of course assuming you're not the type of person who cleans their contact patch every time you want to romp on it. On the street, DRs are a nightmare unless you constantly prep them. It's not the car or the tire's fault really... but public roads are highly irregular and nasty. That's not what DRs are meant for, regardless of the DOT certification.

·
Registered
65 GTO, 21 REWB Challenger ordered
196 Posts
A note on the SS tires. I know the OP wants to use it as a romp around car... all well and good. Just keep in mind that on the street, drag radials are a performance negative. In almost every respect. Worse traction (due to not being heated up), road FOD sticks to them, further reducing traction, they don't corner well at all, wet driving... bad. Cold climates (under 60F or so), bad.

But, the worst is that if you don't have splash guards installed, it will be no time flat before you have pitting in your wheel flares and quarter panels from all the pebbles and what-not the DRs kick back.

My recommendation is to get a 2nd set of tires for the street and reserve the DRs for the track. Streeting DRs will compromise them and reduce their track performance. If you never plan to track it, I would sell them. This is of course assuming you're not the type of person who cleans their contact patch every time you want to romp on it. On the street, DRs are a nightmare unless you constantly prep them. It's not the car or the tire's fault really... but public roads are highly irregular and nasty. That's not what DRs are meant for, regardless of the DOT certification.
Are not a lot of cat drivers swapping on the Nitto DRs, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires for daily use on the street? I've ready nothing but negative comments about the stock rubber that comes on the "regular" HC redeyes.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts