SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
‘21 SRT SUPER STOCK
1,303 Posts
Yeah it’s like paying 400$ for one bandaid at the emergency room

·
Registered
2021 Super Stock
660 Posts
The situation with the Super Stock factory drag radials is there's no ideal substitution available that I'm aware of i.e. ---- the only 315/40/18 's on the market are Nitto NT555-G2 which look great; BUT, the problem with them is 1. They're not available ANYWHERE. 2. They have a soft UTQG rating of only 200 which most likely will pick up a good amount of pebbles, so not much improvement there. 3. They're heavy @ 35.49 lbs. whereas the factory drag radials are 33.15 lbs. so extra ugly unsprung weight, OUCH !!
About the only decent choice would be to replace the fronts with Nitto NT555-G2's 295/40/18 which have a reasonable UTQG of 320 (much better) plus their weight is respectable @ 33.35 lbs. A good friend of mine installed them on the fronts of her Demon and they look great.
As for my Super Stock (on order); I decided to just stay with the factory drag radials, although I will immediately have Expel protection along the entire lower side about 14" up inclusive of wrapping the flairs entirely. Additionally I will install rock guards on the fronts. Hopefully this will offer comprehensive protection while maintaining the look of the SS as received from the factory.

By the way Xylander is 100% correct !

·
Registered
2021 SRT Super Stock
341 Posts
About the only decent choice would be to replace the fronts with Nitto NT555-G2's 295/40/18 which have a reasonable UTQG of 320 (much better) plus their weight is respectable @ 33.35 lbs. A good friend of mine installed them on the fronts of her Demon and they look great.
That tire will be shorter than stock (and obviously narrower). Would you have any photos of the car. I'm also trying to decide what to run on mine.

·
Registered
2021 Super Stock
660 Posts
That tire will be shorter than stock (and obviously narrower). Would you have any photos of the car. I'm also trying to decide what to run on mine.
YES it is shorter @ 27.28 vs 28.03 for the factory drag radials, HOWEVER, it seems to even out the excessive fender gap you see in the back tires vs the much smaller gap in the front very nicely. With these tires you STILL have a much bigger gap in the back and you don't notice them being a little narrower at all.
I'll send you some pics of the Demon tomorrow with the owners permission.
Like I said; you don't have many options available which is why I GAVE UP and said the hell with it and will deal with the drag radials (but with appropriate paint protection). Issues not withstanding I DO like the way those drag radials look on all 4 corners ! It's a Super Stock so we may have to live with a few concessions but well worth it IMO !! (y)

·
Registered
2021 Super Stock
660 Posts
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

YES it is shorter @ 27.28 vs 28.03 for the factory drag radials, HOWEVER, it seems to even out the excessive fender gap you see in the back tires vs the much smaller gap in the front very nicely. With these tires you STILL have a much bigger gap in the back and you don't notice them being a little narrower at all.
I'll send you some pics of the Demon tomorrow with the owners permission.
Like I said; you don't have many options available which is why I GAVE UP and said the hell with it and will deal with the drag radials (but with appropriate paint protection). Issues not withstanding I DO like the way those drag radials look on all 4 corners ! It's a Super Stock so we may have to live with a few concessions but well worth it IMO !! (y)
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2021 SRT Super Stock
341 Posts
Thanks for the photos. I wasn't expecting it to look that good. Good point about lowering the front end of the car. That's definitely something to consider.

·
Registered
2021 SRT Super Stock
341 Posts
I was able to get a pair of NT555G2s for the front and NT555RIIs for the back, all 315/40/18. My tire guy said supply was very low. Picked up a set of demon wheels, so the ones that come on it will sit in the corner of the garage.

·
Registered
2021 Super Stock
660 Posts
I was able to get a pair of NT555G2s for the front and NT555RIIs for the back, all 315/40/18. My tire guy said supply was very low. Picked up a set of demon wheels, so the ones that come on it will sit in the corner of the garage.
I like your plan, in fact I like it a lot !! ---- this will give you better drivability with less pebbles being picked up, and more importantly you'll still retain the Super Stock 315/40/18 look on all four corners . (y)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
286 Posts
Yeah the price of that spoiler is obscene. Dodge can eat my ass if they think they're going to get me for 1K+ on that.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! One of my favorite expression.

·
Registered
In The Market
183 Posts
The performance spoiler is something you can buy and save $500. It pisses me off they charge $1000 for that option when the cars already come with a spoiler. It should be way lower in price. I skipped that option and have a few on my watch list on Ebay for $470 and swapping them is fairly easy.
I got the spoiler when they first came out in '19 on my redeye wb and they were only $595. Since everyone was getting them, in 2020 they raised the price to 995.

·
Registered
2021 Super Stock
660 Posts
I got the spoiler when they first came out in '19 on my redeye wb and they were only $595. Since everyone was getting them, in 2020 they raised the price to 995.
You're right my 2019 Red Eye was $595 and my 2021 SS was $995 !

For Canadian orders that option is listed as the "SRT Barracuda Spoiler" and is $875; however,
the 27S (Super Stock) option is $30,000 vs $20,600 for US orders.

Interestingly I've yet to see a 2020 or 2021 Super Stock without that spoiler, although I'm sure they're out there.

·
Registered
In The Market
183 Posts
You're right my 2019 Red Eye was $595 and my 2021 SS was $995 !

For Canadian orders that option is listed as the "SRT Barracuda Spoiler" and is $875; however,
the 27S (Super Stock) option is $30,000 vs $20,600 for US orders.

Interestingly I've yet to see a 2020 or 2021 Super Stock without that spoiler, although I'm sure they're out there.
That's why they raised the price because everyone was buying them. I am thinking of trading in my '19 Redeye for a SS and was wondering how the two compare to each other on the road? Does the SS have a soft suspension with some body roll to it like the Demon or does it have a stiff feel like the Redeye?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,256 Posts
Does the SS have a soft suspension with some body roll to it like the Demon or does it have a stiff feel like the Redeye?
Patrick Rall dug into this in one of his articles and he says that without question, the mechanical parts of the suspension on both cars are identical so any weight transfer or anything else going on with the suspension has to be in the programming and the Demon suspension remains unique.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
665 Posts
Patrick Rall dug into this in one of his articles and he says that without question, the mechanical parts of the suspension on both cars are identical so any weight transfer or anything else going on with the suspension has to be in the programming and the Demon suspension remains unique.
Can confirm the same...

·
Registered
Ordered 2021 Super Stock 6/14
101 Posts
The rear drivetrain is the same as the demon if I'm reading this right..

In closing, what the Dodge Challenger SRT Super Stock does share with the car that ran stock 9s includes the driveshaft, the axles, the rear differential, the wheels, the tires and the 14.2-inch Brembo brake rotors under 4-piston calipers. Everything else is the same as the current Redeye, shy of the engine tune that adds 10 extra horsepower, making this the first full production American road car to offer more than 800 horsepower.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts