SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
My $0.02, love the MS Piolet Sport All Season 4's, immediately noted improvement over stock Pirelli AS across every metric. Heard good things about Conti but the Michelins get better reviews overall. I purchased from Discount Tire in January the last set of four 275's in the country (for the specific size) and they had two others somewhere on the east coast and no ETA on getting new, I contacted Michelin and they didn't have a schedule last February for making new ones. Price is around $323 each on average but may be creeping up, take advantage of any rebates as I was able to get the price down to $279 each. With a rating up to 186 mph they are perfect for daily driver, definitely have a second set of MT's or Nittos for the track, tires should last a good while if not driving like a maniac, on the plus side tires are all the same so you can rotate them and get more life.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Has anyone taken PS4 All Seasons and tried them at the strip? Obviously not a strip tire but do they offer enough grip when warm that I could get a reasonably good run down in a Redeye?

I unfortunately live in the Northeast so it's either I run the best all season tire I can find year round and make do with it at the strip or I need to lay out cash for a dedicated radial and a new set of wheels which for the amount of time spent at the strip, I'm not sure is worth it and then of course the time spent jacking the car, changing the wheels in the driveway, etc.

My use case is 4-5 street nights a summer, nothing competitive. Just some racing against friends.

·
Registered
'21 C8 2LT || Former 2020 Hellcat
2,978 Posts
Has anyone taken PS4 All Seasons and tried them at the strip? Obviously not a strip tire but do they offer enough grip when warm that I could get a reasonably good run down in a Redeye?

I unfortunately live in the Northeast so it's either I run the best all season tire I can find year round and make do with it at the strip or I need to lay out cash for a dedicated radial and a new set of wheels which for the amount of time spent at the strip, I'm not sure is worth it and then of course the time spent jacking the car, changing the wheels in the driveway, etc.

My use case is 4-5 street nights a summer, nothing competitive. Just some racing against friends.
It depends on what you expect from your track day experience. Can the all season make a justifiable pass at the strip? Yes. It will perform slightly better on a prepped surface than it does on the street. But, does that mean you can rip a launch from a dig at higher RPM? Nope. Not on an all season, but it bears mentioning that you won't get a great pass on a PS4S either.

So, if you're going to the strip for some fun, the AS can do that. If you're going to really test and see how fast the car can run, then no, it won't be good for that. You might get a really good pass in with them, but you'll find that any street radial is going to be relatively inconsistent on the drag strip in the first 60 feet. The 60' time will pretty much set the pace for the entire run, so you'll either get a good pass or you won't and you'll know in the first 60'. To really see what your car can do, you need to be able to launch it hard with something like a proper drag radial. Anything that's not a drag radial will prevent you from properly launching the car.

Again, it all depends on what your goals are. If it's just for fun, don't bother with buying wheels and tires for a set of drag radials. But, if you get serious about wanting to get improved times, you'll have to get the cat some proper shoes.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It depends on what you expect from your track day experience. Can the all season make a justifiable pass at the strip? Yes. It will perform slightly better on a prepped surface than it does on the street. But, does that mean you can rip a launch from a dig at higher RPM? Nope. Not on an all season, but it bears mentioning that you won't get a great pass on a PS4S either.

So, if you're going to the strip for some fun, the AS can do that. If you're going to really test and see how fast the car can run, then no, it won't be good for that. You might get a really good pass in with them, but you'll find that any street radial is going to be relatively inconsistent on the drag strip in the first 60 feet. The 60' time will pretty much set the pace for the entire run, so you'll either get a good pass or you won't and you'll know in the first 60'. To really see what your car can do, you need to be able to launch it hard with something like a proper drag radial. Anything that's not a drag radial will prevent you from properly launching the car.

Again, it all depends on what your goals are. If it's just for fun, don't bother with buying wheels and tires for a set of drag radials. But, if you get serious about wanting to get improved times, you'll have to get the cat some proper shoes.
Thanks, this makes sense. I think I'll put some Michelin's at least on the rear, taking the stocker Pirelli's off and bring it to the track and see how I do. My guess is that it will be sufficient for what I'm looking to do which is just go fast in a straight line, not necessarily chasing a time. Then once I burn through the Pirelli's I'll add the same Michelin's up front for a matching set.

Running the Pirelli's up front for awhile with Michelin's in the rear won't present any issues I don't think, right?

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Thanks, this makes sense. I think I'll put some Michelin's at least on the rear, taking the stocker Pirelli's off and bring it to the track and see how I do. My guess is that it will be sufficient for what I'm looking to do which is just go fast in a straight line, not necessarily chasing a time. Then once I burn through the Pirelli's I'll add the same Michelin's up front for a matching set.

Running the Pirelli's up front for awhile with Michelin's in the rear won't present any issues I don't think, right?
Nah, not if they're the same size. When you do remove them from the front though, you'll see just how quiet the Michelins are :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Awesome, thanks guys. I think this is my most economical and easiest, albeit, compromise solution given the cold climate the Northeast presents 5-6 months out of the year. I figure I'll keep the rear Pirelli's once they're off and replace the eventual worn down fronts with them and that way I can say I got my value out of the stock tires!

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Awesome, thanks guys. I think this is my most economical and easiest, albeit, compromise solution given the cold climate the Northeast presents 5-6 months out of the year. I figure I'll keep the rear Pirelli's once they're off and replace the eventual worn down fronts with them and that way I can say I got my value out of the stock tires!
Now, this is my personal bias speaking... but I personally don't think the stock tires have any value whatsoever. As I've shown around here before, I yanked my factory rubber off in under 500 miles and made tire swings out of them. When I got my 4 Michelins, the tire store had a buy 3 get 1 free special and I got the whole set of 4 mounted and balanced for under $1,000. Best money I ever spent.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Now, this is my personal bias speaking... but I personally don't think the stock tires have any value whatsoever. As I've shown around here before, I yanked my factory rubber off in under 500 miles and made tire swings out of them. When I got my 4 Michelins, the tire store had a buy 3 get 1 free special and I got the whole set of 4 mounted and balanced for under $1,000. Best money I ever spent.
Ha, ya I remember seeing that post. Unfortunately a full set of these is now like $1,700 :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
From DS Tire site, size does matter. Another filter w/o sizes list the All Seasons from $164 to over $1,000 each.

Love the $100 spread on 106Y 305's PS4S, Notice Piolet Sport 4S are a different tire.

305's or 315's should be around $350+/- each if things were normal. My 275's were $323 ea before rebates last February but, the 305's listed over $375 and up for All Seasons now.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Parallel

·
Registered
184 Posts
From DS Tire site, size does matter. Another filter w/o sizes list the All Seasons from $164 to over $1,000 each.

Love the $100 spread on 106Y 305's PS4S, Notice Piolet Sport 4S are a different tire.

305's or 315's should be around $350+/- each if things were normal. My 275's were $323 ea before rebates last February but, the 305's listed over $375 and up for All Seasons now.

View attachment 597433
Yep looks like $417 a donut for 305/35R20’s. Oof.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts