SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,387 Posts
If you mix coolants you will have a mess on your hands and in the system. I choose just to stick with the correct Mopar coolant in all our vehicles to avoid problems.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,435 Posts
What are other Brand Options for Coolant beside Mopar FBA 68163849AB(?)
If you mix coolants you will have a mess on your hands and in the system. I choose just to stick with the correct Mopar coolant in all our vehicles to avoid problems.
I agree with Catless, just buy the Mopar brand and be done with it. It's the safest way to go. Why not stick with the factory fill coolant?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
857 Posts
This is what I used when I changed out Ma,s R/T..I also add a little coolant boosthttps://www.amsoil.com/c/gear-lube/25/?zo=5014722

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep! That's why I posed the question, to hopefully get some solid and correct info for alternatives - for me and posterity.

So, is it more economical to buy diluted 50/50 Mopar stuff or undiluted....?
conundrums, conundrums.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,338 Posts
Y
conundrums, conundrums.
Depends. If you're just topping off yes get the 50/50. For a complete drain you will have to get the concentrate so you can end up with the correct 50/50 mix.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,387 Posts
Yep! That's why I posed the question, to hopefully get some solid and correct info for alternatives - for me and posterity.

conundrums, conundrums.
The concentrate then mix 50/50 with distilled water is much cheaper than premix. You pay a hefty premium for premix convenience.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
142 Posts
Another benefit of mopar antifreeze beside quality is it is embittered so animals don't drink it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts