SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I noticed antifreeze on the floor in the garage under the Hellcat. Found out that a supercharger coolant hose was rubbing on the alternator pulley. Must have been like that from day one, car has 7500 miles on it and never taken apart. Any others?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,737 Posts
Today I noticed antifreeze on the floor in the garage under the Hellcat. Found out that a supercharger coolant hose was rubbing on the alternator pulley. Must have been like that from day one, car has 7500 miles on it and never taken apart. Any others?
Hard to believe the hose would hold up for 7500 miles of rubbing against the alternator pulley. Might be a good idea to check for a mis-routed hose or one that has had a hose retainer come loose.

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,396 Posts
I have the same issue. Mine was caused by the dealer forgetting to tighten the lower radiator cross member. So while driving the rad would move back and rub. The upper rad hose got a big hole in it. So they fixed that.
Last week while changing the oil I saw the metal line had been ground down also. On mine the radiator dropped and was no longer sitting in the tabs on the top. I could move the rad easily by pulling on the upper rad hose.
Automotive lighting Automotive design Tints and shades Flash photography Font

1 - 6 of 6 Posts