SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I can't be the only one with this issue...I was changing my oil this weekend and was on a mission to figure out where my front end rattle was coming from. I've had a rattle in my front end somewhere since my car was only several months old. I live in a rural area and my roads aren't the best so I assumed I had something in my suspension starting to loosen up. While I had my car jacked up this weekend, I used my rubber mallet and banged around on suspension components. I kept hearing something rattle but could isolate the source. I asked my wife to look around and between the two of us, we found that the plastic frame on the cooling fan was the culprit. When I held the frame against the radiator, the rattle quit. If you grab the frame, it would move back and forth with a little play. It is very hard to see exactly where it mounts, but it appeared something wasn't right. Maybe a rubber isolator is missing or something? Has anyone had this issue and what did you do to correct it? I love my Hellcat, but it seems like I am constantly hunting down rattles on this thing from the interior to the outside!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
There are 2 bolts at the left and right of the fan housing about 1/4 down from the top. The service manual says tighten to 80 in-lbs.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are 2 bolts at the left and right of the fan housing about 1/4 down from the top. The service manual says tighten to 80 in-lbs.
I saw those and they were tight. It appears to be a bad design or something is missing on mine?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts