SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's crazy. I'm in Hampton roads area and there's usually mad troopers everywhere. Now it's empty lol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
66 Posts
?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
507 Posts
Around my parts LEO’s are out in droves to enforce 6-7 cars on the roads

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,006 Posts
Haven’t seen one cop or trooper anywhere on 35 through the North Texas area the last few weeks. Very weird. Everyone is doing at least 10-15 over the limit everyone time I go into or leave work.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,006 Posts
Funny how this works, I respond to this thread about not seeing any LEOs and guess what happens today? I damn near get a speeding ticket after passing 5 police officers hanging out on various sections of I35e North. :D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
507 Posts
It’s what I’m seeing too

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,534 Posts
Central MD/PA border for me. Havent seen but a handful of cops in the last 3 weeks. Yesterday on my MC I saw about 4 or 5 (MD/PA combined). Today on a trip to get my son there were 6 or so. Some state, some local. All in small towns or backroads. Nothing on the highways. None of them gave me a 2nd look. ....knock on wood

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,884 Posts
Anyone else enjoying no police on the roads during this pandemic???
No police on roads? Not from what I am observing. I still see LEO and highway patrol cars out and about. While I see some drivers driving like they are qualifying for the Indy 500 and others running stop lights and signs I also see cars pulled over.

No way I'd assume there's not a police presence on any road and drive like some maniac. Besides a big fine and loss of driving privilege one could spend some time in the local lock up where getting corona virus might be the least worst thing that happens to you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wish I was out cruising a new HC. This pandemic is what has me in the market. Too much time at home on the internet. lol

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
171 Posts
I'm out nearly every day, adding lots of miles to the Charger. Today I upset two motorcycles, one that followed me into a "carousel" corner on a local winding road, that I tend to take quickly....really quickly. He didn't follow me out - in fact I thought he'd ditched it. Another cycle figured I was going through the roundabout, rather than around it towards him. So he had to stop quick as I had the right of way, but he still had to yell some bad words at me. Sure buddy. But the best was while in the drive through to get coffee a teenager in a little car pulled up alongside me, ran the window down and asked "Is that a real Hellcat dude?" "For sure it is" I said. "That's f***ing beautiful!!!". Nice boy, he's going to go far.
And gas is cheap and the sun is out all day.

·
Registered
82 Posts
This morning NBC did a segment on excessive speeders over 100mph and how many tickets are being issued lately. Over 50% of the vehicles shown were challengers or chargers. LOL. Represent!
On an other note my girlfriend had hidden my red fob after I passed her 2x speed on i80 (you d the math) a couple days ago. Nevertheless I did find it today so some throttle therapy may be in order again :)
Have a good weekend - be safe!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
227 Posts
In Ohio municipal courts are basically closed down. Local officer told me they are not issuing tickets unless you are acting like a fool.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Passed a state Leo at 105 yesterday in my 4Runner on way to work, usual speed in that area, radar detector was quiet, I spotted him and let off, floored it after passing him and ducked off next exit, he literally had to be sleeping as never came by, I sat in on ramp waiting for him to go by, A SUV with TROOPER front to rear on the sides. I’ve always been a lucky SOB thank God.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts