SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Corrosion?

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Chancey 
#1 ·
Just got this Redeye Saturday and it’s only got 12k miles on it. I noticed it’s got what looks like corrosion on the thermostat housing and alternator. Any ideas to what causes this or how to get rid of it?
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Tread Automotive design

See less See more
#10 ·
This is what I did.

Reactions: borden72
#6 ·
Unfortunately it is common, Don't look under the front Wheel Well's at you upper and lower control arms you wont like what you see.
I believe after the car is assembled they driven several miles over heavily salted roads for transporting. That is the only explanation i can think of.

#7 ·
Use a wheel cleaner for cast aluminum non clear coated wheels and a soft brush. Neutralize with water after 30 seconds. Repeat if still there. When it is clean and dry spray with P100 engine detailer, or Pigspit. Both can be found on Amazon or your local motorcycle dealer. Sonus also makes a great product called engine coat. This will also protect the uncoated aluminum. DO NOT use penetrating oil and steel wool. The steel wool will impregnate itself into the soft aluminum and you will have rusty looking aluminum in no time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.