SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Corsa Extreme Cat Back - 2019 Challenger Hellcat

7223 Views 13 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  LIONDOG
Just installed a Corsa Extreme Cat Back on my 2019 Challenger Hellcat. Overall I am very pleased with it. It makes cold start very nice and loud. Sounds considerably more aggressive at cold idle. Not insanely loud but much louder than stock. As advertised, when you get on it, it is most definitely louder and more aggressive sounding. It is not insanely loud. If you drive gently it’s probably not any louder than stock - which is perfect for those times you really don’t the want any additional attention.

I also was trying to eliminate the 80mph drone I had with the stock exhaust. I have rear seat delete which probably makes it worse. I would say the Corsa cuts the 80mph drone by 60-70%.

So for me it accomplishes my goals. Much louder at cold start up and when driven aggressively but not insanely loud. Quiet when driven tamely. And much less highway drone. A win.

I’m not sure if it’s just a 2019 issue, but the directions are absolutely wrong for measuring the cuts forward of the active exhaust valves. I think the mid muffler has changed a lot. The only way to get the cut right is to overlay the new exhaust on the old exhaust and do some measuring. The directions most definitely need to be updated for 2019.

I got the twin round tips in black. The finish is fantastic. The twin round tips are a bit narrower than the bumper cut out. Not perfect, but I like it better than the square tips. The black finish is absolutely the way to go - looks amazing.

Worth it? I don’t know. I paid about $1650. I guess I am very glad to cut down the 80mph drone. That probably makes it worth it for me. The sound is great, but is it really worth $1650 to change the sound....maybe. I’ll see what I think after having it for a while.

I think the Extreme is the only sound level to go with. It’s louder, but not insane. I think I would have been very disappointed with the Sport sound level.

No other mods - so far.

LIONDOG
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,451 Posts
I had an cammed 07 C6 LS2 with ported intake/tb etc etc and the Corsa Ext. The cold start crack youre gonna get will give instant wood. To the neighbors, not so much. Enjoy. But I cant imagine doing that now, Vibrant mid muffler swap is more than enough imo, my "old" opinion lol.

· Registered
In The Market
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First good drive with the Corsa today. Liking them more and more. The freeway drone is pretty much completely gone.

TheRedKey, I’m an old guy and have had insanely loud cars in the past. I did not want anything crazy loud. To me this is a nice just right loud. I live in the country and the neighbors are a long ways away, so the arguably very loud cold start is a non issue. In a regular subdivision, all the neighbors would hear a cold start.

This continues to be the most enjoyable sports car I’ve ever owned, and I’ve owned some great cars along the way. :)

· Registered
In The Market
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As for installation - pretty easy. It took me less than an hour to remove the stock exhaust working alone but with a lift.

Installation took longer. Probably 3-3.5 hours. Used a loaner tail pipe cutter from Autozone - a bit of a hassle, but made nice cuts. I was taking my time. Likely a helper would have saved 15 min on removal and maybe 45 min on install. I tightened and loosened everything 2-3 times to get the fit just right. A bit tricky to get everything lined up right, particularly the active exhaust valves. But, enough time fiddling and giggling and every thing lined up very nicely. Paying attention to make sure the active valve sections are aligned correctly is probably the single most critical alightment point. Overall a fun job. Nothing too complicated. Cutting was less challenging than I expected.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
422 Posts
Could either of you Corsa folks get a pic straight on from the rear maybe 6 foot back? thanks

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
422 Posts
Thanks......just wanted to see that "gap" you spoke of......

· Registered
In The Market
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks......just wanted to see that "gap" you spoke of......
I think you can see in the photos (more so on mine) that the twin tips do not completely fill the exhaust cut out in the bumber. They sit slightly outboard of center. It’s not something really noticeable unless you are really looking for it. What I see mostly on my is the laser etched “CORSA” lettering on the top of each top. Looks awesome.

The way the exhaust is attached to the car, pretty much nothing can be done to move the tips to be more centered in the opening. It will line up whatever way it is set up from the factory. Some minor adjustments can be made to make sure the tips are level and stick out the exact same amount. It was not very difficult to get a perfectly symmetrical look.

- LIONDOG

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.