SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
16 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
1,229 Posts
[/QUOTE]
View attachment 597268
View attachment 597269
Couldnt pass this up. Found this at my local dealer and they did 2k under MSRP. This 2021 Redeye has been sitting on their lot for 8 months. I guess they were ready to play ball. Original ADM on this thing was 15k over.
Doesn't look like a sublime 15 srt to me? LOL. Congrats on the Redeye! Looks good! Same dealer? Did you drive the srt?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
66 Posts
Congrats! that is a GREAT find in my book. When I decide if I am keeping our 2015 600 mile Sublime hellcat or not I want to source a set of those wheels for it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Doesn't look like a sublime 15 srt to me? LOL. Congrats on the Redeye! Looks good! Same dealer? Did you drive the srt?
[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately I did not, I found this before and would not be able to talk the wife into 2 Challengers. No,different dealer. The SRT was at some shady spot in Queens ny
Thank you! I fell in love with the redeye. So stoked I got it

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just FYI that warranty has about a 300% mark up! U can buy those warranties from numeruos companies. Look around if u want one they are a helluva lot cheaper than the stealership.

I was pretty much like “I know this thing has been on the lot since last year. My credit is good and I have 60k to put down”. So they wound up taking off the Zurich protection package they offer they said was already applied to the car. The cost of the package was 2100.00 it included a Graphene coating already applied and scotch guard protection on the interior? I know that’s all BS. So non the less that came off the price of the car. I wasn’t complaining I was just happy to get the car honestly. They tried selling me a 6k dollar extended warranty. So I guess they were determined to get that 2,100.00 back anyway they could, needless to say I didn’t buy the warranty

Reactions: 6lbSsFt

·
Registered
208 Posts
I can’t wait to drive it and break it in. This rain is killing me.

I know you'll get all kinds of input on this. BUT. For me, when I first got my car, as hard as it was not to get on it, I treated it like a baby. I was rewarded with a engine that burned no oil, did not smoke on startup ever, and over all just seemed to be a smoother car. Dont get impatient. These are high end motors that do see factory break in work to some degreee for the hellcat engine. But still, ignore that synthetic oil change mileage. Stick to 3k changes any ways. For me, during the initial break in I put a little LITTLE lucas break in in the first two oil changes. Engine pured well until I had professional shops start working on it.

YMMV

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,853 Posts
I can’t wait to drive it and break it in. This rain is killing me.
Absolutely Beautiful RE, Sunny days are soon to be here!

Congrats and Enjoy All The Fassst Fun!:cool:

Linda :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I know you'll get all kinds of input on this. BUT. For me, when I first got my car, as hard as it was not to get on it, I treated it like a baby. I was rewarded with a engine that burned no oil, did not smoke on startup ever, and over all just seemed to be a smoother car. Dont get impatient. These are high end motors that do see factory break in work to some degreee for the hellcat engine. But still, ignore that synthetic oil change mileage. Stick to 3k changes any ways. For me, during the initial break in I put a little LITTLE lucas break in in the first two oil changes. Engine pured well until I had professional shops start working on it.

YMMV
I appreciate it, I have been driving in auto babying the crap out of her. Varying RPM’s and trying to bed in the brakes nicely. Yup, I’m doing the 500 mile oil change than the 1500 than the 3,000. Get all of the metal deposits out. I know this is the “Great Debate” this ruffles A LOT of feathers all in all I thank you for the advice. I’m keeping her for the long haul and I want to have a solid reliable car.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Just FYI that warranty has about a 300% mark up! U can buy those warranties from numeruos companies. Look around if u want one they are a helluva lot cheaper than the stealership.
Funny part is That wasn’t even the warranty it was just a protection package they offered. The Zurich warranty they wanted to sell me was 6k, I was like absolutely not.

·
Registered
288 Posts
They dont call it the "Stealership" for nothing lol

Funny part is That wasn’t even the warranty it was just a protection package they offered. The Zurich warranty they wanted to sell me was 6k, I was like absolutely not.

Reactions: 6lbSsFt
21 - 40 of 42 Posts