Discussion Starter #41
9lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
They offer a 3 cell for guys who plan to run a lot of accessories at the track. I think that is 12lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Sorry, might of been 4. This thing feels like a toy though lol.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,684 Posts
Finally got around to installing mine tonight. OEM battery was 44.8lbs, Cox battery was 9.8lbs. It is a 3 cell battery. Pictures are uneventful but just in case anyone wanted to see them here we go.

20190406_195435.jpg
20190406_195503.jpg
20190406_203419.jpg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,684 Posts
Took less than a week for mine. Charger coming separately. Just removed one clip from neg cable to make it strech to post. Still somewhat confused with direcions which imply carbon fiber top plate is conductive? Yet tell you to replace the stock battery brace bolts after removing. I left mine out (too close to top of Cox ) Also taped up neg cable hardware as it was close to top.
I know right? The instructions really put the fear of God in you about that carbon fiber top plate. I put the bolts back in, but like you, I'm tempted to just remove them, they aren't necessary.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,259 Posts
My stock battery with the metal hold down bracket with the strap was this weight. Also my lithium battery has a test button on it for charge amount

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Nice.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,684 Posts
Looks good. Have mine ordered...What is the velcro for on the the top corners of the Carbon Fiber plate.
My guess is just to ensure the battery cables dont make any contact with the carbon fiber top plate.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,259 Posts
Looks good. Have mine ordered...What is the velcro for on the the top corners of the Carbon Fiber plate.
My battery only has that velcro on the positive side. As you see my battery is designed a little different.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
carlysle racing in so. ca has one for the hellcat. it weighs 7.75 pounds and uses a regular battery charger. I know nothing about batteries so you would have to look it up to see how the specs compare and if it is a direct fit.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Battery has been great so far.

Voltage when shutting off the car is 13.1

My old battery would hover 11.9-12.2 when off.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,684 Posts
Battery has been great so far.

Voltage when shutting off the car is 13.1

My old battery would hover 11.9-12.2 when off.
Also noticed voltage when running stays around 14.1 instead of 13.8 on the OEM battery.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Ditto as well on that, forgot to mention that. I'm very impressed so far.

I'll have to decide what to do come winter. I work as a fireman and the car will sit outside sometimes in sub zero weather. I try to pull it in if the weather is "brutal", but a heat blanket isn't too expensive for it if I decide to plug it in overnight to keep it in it's blanket lol.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Also noticed voltage when running stays around 14.1 instead of 13.8 on the OEM battery.
Does the extra voltage have any risks to factory electronics? Assume voltage regulator manages it, but is it overworked to do it?

41 - 60 of 91 Posts