SRT Hellcat Forum banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,684 Posts
Does the extra voltage have any risks to factory electronics? Assume voltage regulator manages it, but is it overworked to do it?
I would be surprised if that small amount of voltage increase would provide any harm, in fact some electronic devices could perform slightly better.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
From what I've seen so far it holds it's charge very well.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
88 Posts
From what I've seen so far it holds it's charge very well.
thanks. I deleted my post before you replied since I found the answer. I would think since the reserve is higher than OEM there wouldnt be an issue.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,259 Posts
I'm still amazed at how well mine does given it only weighs 9lbs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
197 Posts
Guys, need a little bit of quick help. I’ve been away for 16 days and left instructions for my car to be started every few days but either they forgot or something else went astray.

The car won’t start or unlock and I’m arriving home later tonight. My question is, can I jump start the lithium battery or do I need to pull it out and put it on charge? If so, what’s the best way to move the electric seat with no power?

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,525 Posts
Guys, need a little bit of quick help. I’ve been away for 16 days and left instructions for my car to be started every few days but either they forgot or something else went astray.

The car won’t start or unlock and I’m arriving home later tonight. My question is, can I jump start the lithium battery or do I need to pull it out and put it on charge? If so, what’s the best way to move the electric seat with no power?
Do not jump start it! You will need the charger.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
88 Posts

Mine died at the track last week (the chiller may have killed it) I had no choice but to jump it. I used the jump posts in the engine bay. Since then it’s been fine.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
476 Posts
These are lithium batteries. They are very sensitive on changing. Jump starting is essentially charging. It may work out but not recommended.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
They can take a jump from what I understand. Typically not in warmer weather, but it is in the instructions for when it might see really cold weather.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
751 Posts
And weighs 9lbs, weight reduction costs money.

If I recall correctly looks like they increased price $35 more from when I last checked. They also state time savings due to weight savings. Could be the difference between 10.01 and 9.98 in the 1/4!!!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
25 Posts
And weighs 9lbs, weight reduction costs money.

Yeah, but one year though? With something as critical as a car battery, I'd need more of a warm and fuzzy greater than 1 year at $800.

You can get generic $200 AGM batteries with 3 year warranties.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
88 Posts
To all that have this installed; Do you run it through the winter or go back to stock? I thought I read somewhere that they do not like colder temps. (Sub 32 degrees)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,052 Posts
Resurrecting; Researching this and the Arc Angel 94R... anyone have up to date input?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
301 Posts
I used one in my Charger for 2 years 30k miles never had an issue. Even left it sitting for up to two weeks a few times and it started right up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,052 Posts
Meaning the Cox?
Any reason you chose that over the AA?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,684 Posts
Meaning the Cox?
Any reason you chose that over the AA?
I chose the Cox battery over the Arc Angel because AA never has them in stock. That being said, the Cox battery weighs less too.

Reactions: TheRedKey
61 - 80 of 90 Posts