SRT Hellcat Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,052 Posts
Just ordered the Cox. Btw it has a 10 yr warranty on the cells.
I tried a couple times to correspond with Arc but neg results, they also removed the ph number from the site (XXX-XXX-XXXX).

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,052 Posts
FYI
So of course after I place my Cox order, AA gets back to me...
"Lots of changes are being made they are primarily: a new custom made BMS, higher quality cells, and better construction. As for the wait list I honestly am very unorganized I have a lot of people on it, but if you check in around December I will probably be either close or have it. That said I wont have the inventory issues as much as I do now as I will be self-manufacturing so the wait list wont be as critical as it might have been before.
Thanks,
Nick
Arc-Angel Battery LLC"

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
751 Posts
I ordered a Cox earlier in the year and had it installed in June. If I let the car sit for 6 days the battery dies. Is this normal? I’ve corresponded with Cox but was told lock the door when not using. That made no difference. Then I was told to put it on a tender. Doesn’t seem like I should have to do that if I use it as a weekend driver. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,052 Posts
I ordered a Cox earlier in the year and had it installed in June. If I let the car sit for 6 days the battery dies. Is this normal? I’ve corresponded with Cox but was told lock the door when not using. That made no difference. Then I was told to put it on a tender. Doesn’t seem like I should have to do that if I use it as a weekend driver. Am I wrong?
Try keeping the fob 50 ft from the car. The batt should be good for several weeks unused, start using a trickle if 3 weeks or more unused.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
301 Posts
You should easily get a week or 2, mine has gone as long as 23 days with no tender and fired right up. Before Covid mine would sit at the airport every other week for 5 days and had zero issues. Now when I am in town I do daily it 50+ miles per day.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,684 Posts
Ive not had this issue with mine.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I think that literally the last priority I would have is reducing weight in the far right rear of the car. If I could have fit it in, I would have plunked a 125+ pound truck battery in that spot.

If the battery was located over the front left headlight, I would be more interested in reducing its mass. The whopper of an Odyssey I got (the blahblah85whatever) weighs more than the stock battery and is bigger, but still shoehorns into the stock hold-down system.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
It’s a big chunk of weight though lol. In a charger I’ll take everything I can get.

I had one of the first Cox batteries, it ended up losing a cell after it was over a year old. He replaced it no questions asked and added a better start package to it, but it is a heavy 10lbs now vs 9 :(

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,684 Posts
It’s a big chunk of weight though lol. In a charger I’ll take everything I can get.

I had one of the first Cox batteries, it ended up losing a cell after it was over a year old. He replaced it no questions asked and added a better start package to it, but it is a heavy 10lbs now vs 9 :(
LOL, so skip one meal on race day.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts