SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am cruising to the bank for work and I am driving through town at 10 mph over, as usual. I look behind me and there are two police officers in a marked car. I am like, OH CRAP! I'm toast. So, I drive through town and turn a couple times to go into drive through. The cop car follows me...now I am really freaking out. I am waiting for the teller since they didn't turn their lights on I figure I will try the "pretend they aren't following me" thing. He hits the buzzer sound and is right next to me so I unroll my window... He proceeds to say that they are stalking my car and asked me about it. They then said they would give me a free pass to smoke the tires. Im like, okay, just let me leave the bank! You don't have to tell me twice on a FREE PASS!! So, I revved it up and did a tiny smoke show (didn't want to push my luck). They were so cool! I hope they tell their friends I am an okay person with a lead foot and they give me a break now. LOL My heart rate is still cranking out there!!o_O

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,944 Posts
Tammie, Should have made them regret they offered the pass. You let them off easy. :p

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
Nice Tammie

Reactions: 630

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
1,169 Posts
Don't kid yourself, a lady driving an incredible muscle car, what guy wouldn't want you to roast the tires.

Reactions: caren

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
376 Posts
So I am cruising to the bank for work and I am driving through town at 10 mph over, as usual. I look behind me and there are two police officers in a marked car. I am like, OH CRAP! I'm toast. So, I drive through town and turn a couple times to go into drive through. The cop car follows me...now I am really freaking out. I am waiting for the teller since they didn't turn their lights on I figure I will try the "pretend they aren't following me" thing. He hits the buzzer sound and is right next to me so I unroll my window... He proceeds to say that they are stalking my car and asked me about it. They then said they would give me a free pass to smoke the tires. Im like, okay, just let me leave the bank! You don't have to tell me twice on a FREE PASS!! So, I revved it up and did a tiny smoke show (didn't want to push my luck). They were so cool! I hope they tell their friends I am an okay person with a lead foot and they give me a break now. LOL My heart rate is still cranking out there!!o_O
That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tammie, Should have made them regret they offered the pass. You let them off easy. :p
Are you kidding? They were awesome! I could have been getting a $200+ ticket and they let me off plus, let me smoke the tires. I was so nervous though I didn't have traction control off so it was a little smokie!!;)

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
LMAO!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10,951 Posts
What, are you kidding me,, you should of had them video it,, this is what dreams are made of,, well, until a point, we will keep the rest pg, lol. But very very cool..it's like your a rock star

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just told my co-worker what happened and he was laughing because he heard me tear down the road because I always do that when the light is green. So, I start to tell him the story and he's like, you got pulled over didn't you? I was like, well kinda...lol:)

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What, are you kidding me,, you should of had them video it,, this is what dreams are made of,, well, until a point, we will keep the rest pg, lol. But very very cool..it's like your a rock star
I am still in shock! I thought for sure I was going to get a ticket. After the incident with the police car parked in the lot by my office and then that. I figured they were on to me and I was toast. I am still amazing how really nice they were. I guess I wasn't really misbehaving too badly.o_O

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,536 Posts
Nice! I would've told them the same thing I tell others... buy my rear tires and I'll put on the best smoke and drift show you've seen in a long time. Haven't got one person to ever take me up on it though. :)

I have a story from when I had my 2010 B5 SRT8... it involved state troopers and a race initiated and approved by them. I left them for dead.. wish the same thing would happen in the Hellcat. ;)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
376 Posts
I am still in shock! I thought for sure I was going to get a ticket. After the incident with the police car parked in the lot by my office and then that. I figured they were on to me and I was toast. I am still amazing how really nice they were. I guess I wasn't really misbehaving too badly.o_O
I can just hear the conversation between the officers after you smoked the tires!!!!!!!!!! It probably went something like this ! Holy [email protected]@@n s##t , I didn't think she would do it! DISPATCH: Roger Tango 1 copy , investigate smoke coming from downtown ,could be a fire !!!!!!!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
258 Posts
Same thing sorta happen to me when I first got my CTS-V2 except they were Sheriffs and I was at a stop light and they shined a flashlight at me to drag it on the green. I could swore it was a speed trap. LEO are car enthusiast too.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
526 Posts
Told you tammie. Now you made a couple of new friends. A lot of cops like muscle cars. Especially red-blooded all American muscle cars.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,242 Posts
Same thing sorta happen to me when I first got my CTS-V2 except they were Sheriffs and I was at a stop light and they shined a flashlight at me to drag it on the green. I could swore it was a speed trap. LEO are car enthusiast too.
Especially the ones getting the Charger Pursuit vehicles :)

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.